Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Items Should Be Earnable From Hardwork And Good Game Play

WNxSpectre

I will attempt to make a more precise comment on the issues that are troubling me in regards to Warframe, and beginning to turn me off the game entirely.

My sense of fair play is troubled whenever there is an in game item that is not achievable through persistent good gamesmanship.

The one barrier that is preventing me from investing in the founders packages is the very fact that it awards items that cannot be earned in game.  I don't want to be given in game items for the depth of my wallet, instead of the depth of my game play.

I am fine paying for color templates because of the random colour feature that allows people to randomly generate any color combination, and I have tried this and rather enjoyed some of the combinations I encountered.  But I also spent money on purchasing the color templates to customize my frames.  I also have no problem paying for storage for my items and do so.

I would actually rather pay a monthly game fee for play, then to be pushed towards buying items.  Where is the sense of accomplishment or enjoyment in simply buying something, If I want this, I will go to the mall.

In a game I want to have the opportunity to achieve things through skill and determination.

I say this not to attack the developers or other players.  I say this as constructive criticism in hopes that a better game may come from the feedback of all members of this community.

I believe all prime warframes and items should be achievable in game, including the founder rewarded ones.  If this were done, I would actually be more inclined to pay and support the game through the founder program.

I would much rather a miniature of my character with my characters name engraved on it, or a holo-sticker and poster, maybe even an artwork book for my contribution, than any in game items.  In game items should all be earned not bought, for those of us like myself that believe in fair gamesmanship.

As I work and do have a busy schedule, I will try to respond to any constructive replies, but it may take hours before I can find the time to do so.

Edited by WNxSpectre

As far as I am aware the Excalibur founder rewards are not earnable.  Please do correct me if I am wrong as this would actually remove the only barrier preventing me from paying for the founder package.

They are nothing more then reskins... I mean really, people are paying 250$ on this game, they deserve something

QQ more why don't ya

They are nothing more then reskins... I mean really, people are paying 250$ on this game, they deserve something

QQ more why don't ya

I agree they deserve something, but I do not believe that something must or should be in game items. 

Id rather a personalized miniature of my character, a holo sticker, a poster, and a development artwork book.  These are special.  Even have the book signed by the Devs.  This would satisfy the need for something special, without stealing away from the sense of fair gamesmanship.

There's...only...three things....

three

things

that you can't get

without paying

They are prime variants.

That is all. The skana prime isn't that good because while it is a prime, it's still a SKANA prime.

Same for the lato

All the excalibur prime has is the extra polarity slot

that's it

you can add that in

with just one forma

The only in-game things you get from Founders Packs are upgraded versions of basic gear. You get Excalibur Prime, the poster-child and the Jack of all Trades frame with slightly higher Shield recharge and an extra Polarity. You get Skana Prime, which is a Longsword and therefore inferior to Dual/Heavy weapons at the moment. You get Lato Prime, which is your basic pistol and relatively weak once you get farther into the game.

I'm OK with a few things being cash-only. Everything else can be gotten in game. I've ground for every single frame, save Excalibur, leveled them up and all without spending a single Platinum.

The Founder's program is about supporting the development in the early stages. It's not about what's in the cash shop. If those items were overpowered and this game was PVP, you might have a case. But they are not and this is not.

In fact those are some of the least desirable items in the game. Go to the wiki and look at the stats. This is why so many people are asking that the original Prime weapons get a re-work.

There's...only...three things....

three

things

that you can't get

without paying

They are prime variants.

That is all. The skana prime isn't that good because while it is a prime, it's still a SKANA prime.

Same for the lato

All the excalibur prime has is the extra polarity slot

that's it

you can add that in

with just one forma

Agreed that for the most part they have done well in making almost everything achievable.  But that still leaves these 3 points of contention.

This is the barrier preventing me from investing in a founders package at this time.

Like I have said, I do not want to buy in game items, my sense of fair play is violated by it.  Id rather any outside gift than any in game item.

my problem is not cosmetics such as ex prime

my problem are the catalysts and reactors , weapon slots and warframe slots

there should be possibility to earn those and not by this garbage daily random reward system that is broken unrewarding and entirely passive

Agreed that for the most part they have done well in making almost everything achievable.  But that still leaves these 3 points of contention.

This is the barrier preventing me from investing in a founders package at this time.

Like I have said, I do not want to buy in game items, my sense of fair play is violated by it.  Id rather any outside gift than any in game item.

Normaly I don't say this

but you don't have to do it, so don't.

If it's really just that that's stopping you from buying the founders, then don't

People pay a lot of money for them, and you want them to be able to be obtained through alerts? Greedy, aren't you?

I actually don't have much of a problem with the founder package rewards, as they aren't really all that different than the items they are based on, and you can always upgrade your founder package at a future date when you have the cash. Other than that, the only platinum exclusive items are color packages, which I actually do think should stay platinum exclusive, but have their prices reduced slightly (Seriously, 5 dollars for a couple shades of grey, white and black?).

What does bother me is event rewards being permanently off the table. I offered a solution to that here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102540-future-chances-to-get-exclusives/

Cosmetics?

Those are game breaking! How dare they behind a platinum wall!

The color pallets are accessible to all players through the random colour generation feature.  I explained this as the reason I am fine with buying these as I have already.  Because all players can have access to them by simply using the random colour generator and getting a lucky combination that looks good.