Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Longevity, Scaling, And Polarity.

PookieNumnums

I've been thinking:

This game is great, but it seems like everything is too easy to achieve. Frames. Weapons. Money.

This game is in my top five games of all time, and it doesn't even have a playable story-mode.

I often see the term 'end-game' on the forums and in region chat arguements. I began to wonder what exactly end-game means for a MMO with no actual playable story. Right now, it would seem that the general idea of what end-game Warframe includes is: endless defense missions, T3 Def, and soloing a few of the bosses.

Thinking on this I grew sad at the notion of Warframe actually having an end-game. I don't want the game to end. I don't want there to be nothing left to achieve.

I would like to see Warframe become the WoW of TPS games.

Please don't continue to release future content that exists within the current spectrum of difficulty. The future content of this game should become more and more difficult, and you should increase the ways in which we can get stronger.

Im suggesting this as one of the ways: Multiple polarities per mod slot. One symbol for each corner, all symbols must be of the same type. For every polarity beyond the first, an addtional like mod can be equipped. Capacity cost is reduced by 50% for the first polarity, and a 5% bonus reduction in capacity cost for each polarity once multiple slot polarity is achieved..

in other words, a mod slot with four V symbols would allow four of the same V-polarity mods and cut each ones cost by 50% then another 5% for every symbol up to a total of 20%. so 50% to each then a 20% of the total.

take rank six serration which costs 10 capacity, for example

1 rank six serration with one polarty gets 50% reduced cost (5)

2 rank six serration with two polarity gets 50% reduced cost + 5% for each polarity or 10% bonus reduction (9)

3 rank six serration with three polarity gets 50% reduced cost + 5% for each polarty or 15 % bonus reduction (12.75 or 13)

4 rank six serration with four polartiy gets 50% reduced cost + 5% for each polartiy or 20% bonus reduction (16)

Think of how that would allow us to increase our space ninja prowess. Then we could take on packs of hyena and jackal. Flocks of raptor. Herds of phorrid.

Im just thinking long term. Theres a lot for nubs to do. Giving the vets stuff to do, by proxy gives nubs more to do/ aspire to.

/endrant

Edited by T4LCOMX

Thinking on this I grew sad at the notion of Warframe actually having an end-game. I don't want the game to end. I don't want there to be nothing left to achieve.

I would like to see Warframe become the WoW of TPS games.

I have the exact thoughts! However, WoW is not a f2p game. Without "constant" flow of income, do you think it is realistic for developers (DE) to keep generating new contents?

Would be broken

do you even read? i said, its so they can scale the new content to be more difficult. if things are released within the current difficulty spectrum, then lots of players dont need to do anything else, because its all so doable already. new stuff will seem like old stuff that looks different.

im suggesting everything getting beefier accordingly. baddies and tenno.

I have the exact thoughts! However, WoW is not a f2p game. Without "constant" flow of income, do you think it is realistic for developers (DE) to keep generating new contents?

why is it that it seems if you dont do all of the thinking for people and hold their hands, they refuse to understand?

there are other aspects that they would need to adjust, like how much certain things cost in platinum. and also, what there is for us to buy in platinum. there are lots of ways for them to make money, such as : alt helms, and alt limbs, both with or without stats. the money is there and people are willing to spend it. camo skins and more color packs. allow us to buy individual colors. vanity is where the money lies. they should make some plat only mods. i dont care if the nubs cry about pay to win. they *@##$ if they dont get their paycheck from subway or wendy's so its all good.

do you even read? i said, its so they can scale the new content to be more difficult. if things are released within the current difficulty spectrum, then lots of players dont need to do anything else, because its all so doable already. new stuff will seem like old stuff that looks different.

No thanks...

How about we cap the difficulty and power creep at a certain point, and introduce some intelligent gameplay design for endgame that requires skill at the user end, not x amount of time spent grinding?

That'd do.

No thanks...

How about we cap the difficulty and power creep at a certain point, and introduce some intelligent gameplay design for endgame that requires skill at the user end, not x amount of time spent grinding?

That'd do.

aye, thar be the idea.

T4lcomx, endgame in WoW is raiding, it is not the end of the game. it is what you do at high level with maxed out gear.  Unfortunately as it stands Warframe has no endgame, or atleast no fulfilling meaningful end game content other than what you listed. 

Re quoting Zakalwe, we really do need more intelligent ai, that is capable of subverting our spam 4/ one shot all enemies tactics. 

there's a fairly large topic( its a long read for everything.  the OP contains many links to all the other things in the post.) found here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/92326-we-need-endgame-and-a-challenge-what-do-we-expect-for-warframes-future/

What you are asking for in term of concept is powercreep. Pure definition of it. Older contents systematically made obsolete by newer contet through numerical increase. The game will achieve a sort of limited longevity at the expense of playerbase's ire due to the grind to achieve it.

I have to say that players don't need more power than we currently have. The AI, on the other hand, needs to start running on an arm race against the Tenno. Game can be more difficult with addition of enemy with ability, not just weapons, to counter and attack us. They don't need to be level 150 to be actually challenging. Lv40-60 should already be challenging since they already exceed our level cap.

In a sense, Warframe already experiencing powercreep in multiple fronts.

Endgame to me is the following...

1 Own all (wanted) frames and weapons

2 Maxed them all to rank 30

3 Maxed one of every mod

4 Potato'd everything

5 Forma'd everything to the point where all of your mods fit

6 All planets unlocked

If I were to have all of that I'd still be playing this game as often as I do, but that's just because I find fun in the gameplay and not in achievement.

Don't get snappy.  Think about how having 400% damage on your weapon, in just one mod slot, would affect litereally the rest of the game.  You would be just MOWING through things that arent whatever you're idea of "endgame" levels are.  It would be extremely broken, do not act like you don't see this, I know that you're not THAT oblivious.

Warframe doesn't have endgame YET. It's not finished developing, and that fact will remain regardless of how powerful players get.

_

It's an incomplete game, we are like big fish in a puddle right now, flopping around agitated because we yearn for the sea. One day they'll add endgame, but until then don't think about. Flop around too much and you only tire yourself. Be like the lungfish that rests in the mud, waiting for the high tide.