Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venting over first chat Ban..also dang xD

(PSN)JonathanLS101

On 2018-12-25 at 9:52 AM, (PS4)JonathanLS101 said:

I do have a mental disorder 

I feel you on this, one of the unfortunate things about online communities. some of us, like me, have our own issues which can make social situations harder to understand whats going on, using logic and reason isnt always applicable. I myself have a rather lengthy list from ASD, adhd, ocd, ptsd, bi polar, manic depression, high anxiety, spd, etc lol just everything, and more over, we are human beings, everyone makes mistakes, there should be some sway with honest mistakes, like anyone ever thinks out everything they do before they do it, sometimes impulses make us do stupid stuff, but i think a case by case basis should show that doesnt mean it was heart felt or intended persay.

I hope everything can get worked out for you mate!

2 hours ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

I feel you on this, one of the unfortunate things about online communities. some of us, like me, have our own issues which can make social situations harder to understand whats going on, using logic and reason isnt always applicable. I myself have a rather lengthy list from ASD, adhd, ocd, ptsd, bi polar, manic depression, high anxiety, spd, etc lol just everything, and more over, we are human beings, everyone makes mistakes, there should be some sway with honest mistakes, like anyone ever thinks out everything they do before they do it, sometimes impulses make us do stupid stuff, but i think a case by case basis should show that doesnt mean it was heart felt or intended persay.

I hope everything can get worked out for you mate!

Manic Depression and Bipolar are the same thing I thought? I also have Bipolar Disorder and Anxiety, so I have a taste of what you have but definitely not the same severity @.@ I'm sorry you've gotta deal with so much. It is tough for me to gauge most social interactions. Heck, I have issues with my own friends because I always feel like such a bother to everyone. I feel like if you're gonna autoban over certain words to keep them out of the conversation, then it should be a 24 hour ban. A week long ban for literally saying 1 word is just pushing on hateful and reading way too much into words. If I had said the "N" word, I would expect this ban. Saying something that is similar but different shouldn't carry the same weight unless it is used in the same sense. That's too much chat pressure to put on anyone and it's simply cruel to put that pressure on your players. I think this may actually be big enough of an issue to bring up to the developers so hopefully we can agree to a scaling for these types of chat bans that is forgiving for new players but harsh on players that continually make that mistake. I also believe that anyone that tricks a player into saying a banned word just to get them banned should receive the harshest and least forgiving punishments to stop these issues moving forward. If we can fix the chatting issues, we will have a much better Warframe community and all of the players will be happier. Also, beggers need to get a scaling chat Ban to clean up the region chat. I'll be posting this under the correct area soon.