The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL request - Nova, Null Star/Neutron Star

TioMegaManX

Since we are getting more "hold this ability key to make it do something else" I would like to suggest a small rework on Null Star and Neutron Star, in this case it would be to make the particles not fire automatically unless you press the ability key again while it is active, this would also make it so Neutron Star won't seek enemies at all so your only option is to detonate.

• Like 1

I would settle for a simple re-fresh cast like Baruuk has with her 3rd ability.

Nova doesn't make great use of Power Range but I guess having control over it is better.

Using her augment to recover life saving mitigation is annoying. Rhino also has this problem with Iron Skin of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

I would settle for a simple re-fresh cast like Baruuk has with her 3rd ability.

Nova doesn't make great use of Power Range but I guess having control over it is better.

Using her augment to recover life saving mitigation is annoying. Rhino also has this problem with Iron Skin of course.

Sometimes I want to use some extra range for my other abilities, in fact Null Star is a waste of potential because having decent range makes you lose that extra armor pretty fast, I know she is meant to be a glass cannon but she is too squishy as it is now, are we meant to not use certain frames for certain missions? am I wrong to expect every frame to be viable for the most part? like in, sorties at least?

11 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Sometimes I want to use some extra range for my other abilities, in fact Null Star is a waste of potential because having decent range makes you lose that extra armor pretty fast, I know she is meant to be a glass cannon but she is too squishy as it is now, are we meant to not use certain frames for certain missions? am I wrong to expect every frame to be viable for the most part? like in, sorties at least?

I assume you want range for her Anti-matter Absorb, Portal or the chain explosions. It's not worth it trust me.

I run 34% Range on my Nova most the time. She's very tanky more so than Chroma ( which is hilarious to me ) the reduced range prevents you from losing Null Star stacks quickly. You're completely right that she should be able to re-cast the ability or have some control over it though. It's just what we have to do for now.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

I assume you want range for her Anti-matter Absorb, Portal or the chain explosions. It's not worth it trust me.

I run 34% Range on my Nova most the time. She's very tanky more so than Chroma ( which is hilarious to me ) the reduced range prevents you from losing Null Star stacks quickly. You're completely right that she should be able to re-cast the ability or have some control over it though. It's just what we have to do for now.

Precisely, not everyone likes to have so little range for all other abilities, my suggestion is basically a compromise considering at high levels everyone dies to a sneeze anyway.

il y a 21 minutes, VanFanel1980mx a dit :

Precisely, not everyone likes to have so little range for all other abilities, my suggestion is basically a compromise considering at high levels everyone dies to a sneeze anyway.

Well i agree having control over it would be nice, i would still be good with baruuk style recast to refill. 

Tbh what i dislike the most about null star tho is having to cap duration. I don't always want 90m of 75% slow. If they made particle number scale with duration and per-particle DR scale with strenght i would be so happy. 

That, on top of the fact that i rather like range for antimatter absorb (if they fix the bug where AMD sticks to you and does nothing) and to use wormhole as an instant save, and that doesn't meshes very well with the null star DR. 

Edited by Autongnosis