Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Countdown Timer To Get To Exit

0Pinger

Then you can still opt to not use the Thrak and keep up with the group a bit more.  If you have problems keeping up you probably shouldn't decide to increase that disparity.

If I have problems with keeping up, I equip nyx, shade, dual ether, and when I see rushers, I just slide-rush-summersault ahead of them and leave the "fun" of dealing with hordes of mobs to them.

If I have problems with keeping up, I equip nyx, shade, dual ether, and when I see rushers, I just slide-rush-summersault ahead of them and leave the "fun" of dealing with hordes of mobs to them.

So you have appropriate ways to deal with these situations.  Excellent, I wish more people thought like this.

Worest bit is missing the timer by all of 3-5 seconds, because the waypoint marker screwes up.

Well the issue is you only need 2 people to trigger the extraction so what if you have a group of 2 explorers/slow frames and 2 rushers/fast frames.  Who then realy is the half thats setting the pace?

Then the two fast ones set the pace because of game mechanics. If you go too slow they'll trigger extraction without you. Obviously.

This does not fix the problem of being new to the game and having no good gear.

New players have access to the fastest warframe, and one with Slash Dash/Superjump. Mag, yeah, that'll fall behind, but people need to understand that slow frames are slow for a reason. You have definite advantages over the lighter, faster frames, often in terms of survivability.

I will spell it out for the trolls

Mission object completed means the amount of mobs between you and the exit increase as you get to a new area and is made worse if someone rushes ahead spawning those extra mobs.  The rusher didn't get as they spawn as they run by the area.  So taking my e.g. of the infested, coming up behind the rusher now I get a face full of ancients and misc mobs.  Ancients stun/knock backdown, so it can be hard to get by them and if knocked down usually dead from the swarm.  So we have 2 options kill them or train them away from the path to the exit and hope on doubling back its safe.

So those rushers make it harder for every one else as they live if their own clueless world.

Really the trouble is when players are entering a PUG and don't have any control/knowledge over who they'll be matched up with.

It's almost common sense to me to equip a relatively quick frame whenever joining a PUG; especially if it's an alert for an item such as a helmet, catalyst, aura, etc. As most players will simply kill only when necessary and run through the mission.

We have to remember that we all see the game from different perspectives. A newbie, who's just barely learning the maps they're playing on and doesn't know how to wallrun into a ventshaft above, will simply feel that other players are rushing. Whereas experience players will feel as they are just playing the game.

Increasing the countdown timer. What does that achieve? If a player is a minute behind, giving them an extra minute or even 90 seconds won't help the situation. Perhaps 5 minutes? My usual teammates and I often complete whole missions in less than 5 minutes.

I don't feel that increasing the countdown timer will help much. The whole playing with friends... Yes that's a solution, but make sure some of those friends are more advanced and willing to share info that'll help up your game.

Take a rushing frame on an alert is the suggestion, seriously!  Then that alert would not have completed if not for my Rhino and the other player in Trinity.

2 rushers kept taking hits from ancients and nearly dying as they tried to melee them beside me tanking it,  while the Trinity kept them alive as they constantly entered the acid pools/auras, even with Trinity healing they still died at least once.  So yeah right I am going to take Ash to a mobile defence to rush, use some grey matter for once.  I take what I expect to complete the objective not to pander to the jollies of some leeching rusher that brings a Volt as they want a free ride and the other player that brought Nyx who I had to tell to use Chaos as it kept using absorb.

Take a rushing frame on an alert is the suggestion, seriously!  Then that alert would not have completed if not for my Rhino and the other player in Trinity.

2 rushers kept taking hits from ancients and nearly dying as they tried to melee them beside me tanking it,  while the Trinity kept them alive as they constantly entered the acid pools/auras, even with Trinity healing they still died at least once.  So yeah right I am going to take Ash to a mobile defence to rush, use some grey matter for once.  I take what I expect to complete the objective not to pander to the jollies of some leeching rusher that brings a Volt as they want a free ride and the other player that brought Nyx who I had to tell to use Chaos as it kept using absorb.

Your problem is that you were playing with bad players, not that you were playing with rushers.