Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Risk Vs. Reward

Dunkelheit

What do you guys think about the risk vs reward balance in this game?

I personally don't like that there is no incentive to run the hard nightmare missions on Pluto, do 100 waves in defense or do other stuff which requires quite a bit of gear, skill and organisation.

And why do you want me to run the boring T1 and T2 void missions, forcing me with putting up rewards which cannot be acquired in T3?

There is so much content, yet we only run low level nightmare missions and defense missions. Some variety would be great.

And why do you want me to run the boring T1 and T2 void missions, forcing me with putting up rewards which cannot be acquired in T3?

I would suggest they allow you to:

- Fusion Void Keys to a higher level

- Add all new content that can ONLY be attained via higher end/end game raiding like Nightmare missions.

If they added some long missions that are very difficult without any revives. Then there would be some "risk." The risk would of course be to get no rewards if you die a single time.

Definitely. I would love something like this. Like the Cells idea that notionphil developed.

What do you guys think about the risk vs reward balance in this game?

look at the game core, the combat, there's even less risk vs reward balance, the risk vs reward balance is terrible atm

why go melee if you can 1shot everything with your gun? why get into close range and risk knockdowns staggers and open bodies and open positions if you can stay behind the snowglobe and pew pew every S#&$?

so I have to say

risk vs reward balance in the game = 2/10 (2 because ogris can also 1shot you but it's easy to avoid it)

I think the devs have put themselves in a hard position here, because they can't make high level content without people crying it's op.

There have been so many upgrade vs sidegrade threads and it always tends to the sidegrades, meaning the rewards will always stay on the same level no matter the difficulty. (difficulty not in the sense of absurdly small droprates)

While I am loathe to compare games, especially those of differing genres, I played a round of Payday 2 not 30 minutes ago. In case you're not aware, Payday is an FPS involving all manner of heists and robberies. Right off the bat, risk vs reward kicks in.

Do we gear up light to try to sneak into the bank, eliminate the guards and steal every last cent in the vault? This would leave you with less armour, weaker weapons, and possibly without important pieces of gear like ammo bags or medical kits.

Do we go in guns blazing with tactical vests and flak jackets, which guarantees more safety, but also means less time to get the most cash out of the heist?

Do we run with the few bags of gold and loose cash we can grab, or do we risk trying to take more while FBI and SWAT are breathing down our necks? We can almost double our reward, but we risk losing everything.

In Warframe, the only risk vs reward scenario I can think of is whether you use your powers now or later, or maybe going for the next five waves on Endless Boredom Defense. With the Shade, you can waltz into level 100 enemies with not a care in the world. With M Prime, Chaos, Snowglobe and Iron Skin, you can minimize risk immensely. On top of that, the AI and goals are too simplistic and inconsequential to take advantage of. What is there to get? I farmed for multishot mods for a while, but once I got all of those, what's the point? This game lacks appetizing, tempting, rewards, or hides them on the far end of a grind wall, with nary a risk in sight.