Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which opticor riven would you keep

Cabal000

Question

Just rolled an opticor riven and these are my options:

1) 

+129.7 crit chance, +75.7% heat, + 102.2 crit damage

OR

2) +171% crit damage, +243.8% damage, -26.3% ammo maximum.

Which one would you keep? I had the crit chance one and I would hate to lose it, but an extra 70% crit damage, 245 raw damage seems super tasty. Thank you for your advice!

3 answers to this question

The +Crit Damage, +Damage, -Ammo Max Riven probably lets your Opticor peak higher when it crits, but it'll still only crit on every other shot or so. Also it takes 52 shots out of your reserve of 200, which means you get that many fewer chances to deal damage, and will load a half empty magazine if you fire it from full to empty. With the Opticor you have to make every shot count as best you can, and this Riven actually makes you more dependent on getting a lucky crit.

The +Crit Chance, +Heat, +Crit Damage Riven might not make your crits quite so big, but it will still boost them, and if you double up with Point Strike I'm pretty sure you'll reach 100% crit chance or better. Actually, you'll get about 75% crit chance with both, which is still damn good. Heat is also decent enough for being tacked on to a Riven to not count as an explicit downside, so it's not really a problem as long as you put it behind your chosen elemental combo in order. This is the Riven I'd go for, because It removes minimizes the uncertainty of whether or not you'll crit, ensuring that each more shots will count about as well as it they can.

Edited by Dreddeth
Correction

Probably the first one. The second one is subjectivly better, but inconsistant. I suppose a major factor is how good you are at headshotting enemies with Opticor, as it would allow you to make the most of cd with less cc investment.