Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert-Only Weapons Deserve Better Stats

Hoss-Boss

Greetings, fellow Tenno, you do not know who I am, neither I know who you are, I lurk through the forums but rarely attract attention. Today I claimed my Jaw Sword and Pangolin Sword, unfortunately for me, they were a disappointment. I then browsed the Wiki and discovered that every Alert-only weapon (except for the Glaive and Dark Sword, of course) has very low stats. Really now, people spend their time and nerve on waiting for the alerts to pop up with rewards such as "Dark Dagger", but then, just like me, they get disappointed. 
rarely see people use the alert-only weapons. At first I thought it was because they were too hard to obtain, but then I realised that it's because of how bad these weapons are.
Please, DE, stop making Primes and focus on the weapons we already have, or give us new ones...or both. The point is, alert-only weps should get buffed to become usable against high level enemies.

Do you agree with me? Do you not? I don't care, it's my opinion and my wish. Of course I hope to have supporters, but what the hell.

So grab your weapons and exterminate all life.

I'd have to agree with this.  I picked up the Jaw Sword & Dark Sword in recent alerts.  I was extremely underwhelmed with both of them, given the fact that they're supposed to be rare & epic.

I guess that's a point.  If anyone can get them from an alert...maybe they're not exactly "rare" or "epic."  Maybe the solution is to give all single-handed weapons a buff, and allow them to hit multiple targets.  Then assign Alert-only weapons special properties.

Really now, people spend their time and nerve on waiting for the alerts to pop up with rewards such as "Dark Dagger", but then, just like me, they get disappointed. 

........ then browsed the Wiki 

Well that's your problem. You should have looked up the weapons you were supposedly waiting on before trying to get them.

They have already stated in live streams that they know alert weapons need another look.

While they are at it can we get Dual-Dark-Dagger :)

Yes though Alert weapons are on the table and they should be addressed at some point. I feel 1h's need almost disproportionately high Charge Damage to compensate for hitting only 1 target. If they are Charge-1h's like the Dark Sword and Dark Dagger.

as long as pressure point isnt a 10rank mod with like 300% base damage melee arent viable for endgame.

Its anyway a fail cause you take the most risks in knifing and get fewest effect out of it --> so pressure point should be the strongest.

Edited by QgeL

Well that's your problem. You should have looked up the weapons you were supposedly waiting on before trying to get them.

If you have to go the the wiki to figure out the game, the developers have failed.

Melee is not viable in the endgame because the damage and armor system is out of wack, also Warframe has become a bullet-hell game so... point blank range is suicide.