Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Way To Stop Ultimate Spamming, And Other Skills More Usefull

lautalocos

projectile abilities (ember fireball, volt shock, etc.) cost less, maybe 10 energy (other abilities like slash dash still cost 25 energy, im not sure if it should have a cooldown) and have a 1 sec and a half cooldown, so that they are not spammed to hell.

utility skills cost as much as they cost now (35, 50 and 75 energy)

ultimates cost 50% or 75% of your energy (depends on how powerfull they are, like the difference between radial javelin and molecular prime) and have a 20 seconds cooldown (in case it affects enemies for a long time, like molecular prime or in some way ash bladestorm, the cooldown starts after the effects are finished in each enemie).

this way, ultimates are emergency skills, but if you dont use them well, they leave you weakened because of the lack of energy to use other skills.

this too makes warfame like volt, which where said to be "an alternative to gun-play" an actual alternative to gunplay. the reason why an ability like slash dash still cost 25 energy is because they affect many enemies at the same time and it does decent damage, so it shouldn´t be as spammable.

i think utility skills are fine the way they are right now (im talking about the 2 and 3 skills, most of them have some kind of utility, so im calling them utility skills)

PS: this topic was made for warframe players, not scaredofchangeframe players. if you don´t like this suggestion, say why, don´t just say "NO"

I'm not against this idea. Some powers ARE strong enough that they should have a cooldown, but I would say make the cooldown more like 10 seconds, because stuff like crush and stomp DOES kill and lockdown pretty much everything in the room. I am also with you on some skills being made cheaper, and shock is a good example. Though we should wait for the damage update patch this friday before seriously getting into the issue.

I'm not against this idea. Some powers ARE strong enough that they should have a cooldown, but I would say make the cooldown more like 10 seconds, because stuff like crush and stomp DOES kill and lockdown pretty much everything in the room. I am also with you on some skills being made cheaper, and shock is a good example. Though we should wait for the damage update patch this friday before seriously getting into the issue.

Stomp already has a cool down. I know because I have to wait 10 seconds before I can use it again.

Edited by Mikovsky

You have to build up your mods in order to get anything near spamming them. Max stamina (to store it), energy efficiency, durations, etc all need to be built up. By that time the player doesn't have much for defense, movement, health or much of anything else unless they have forma'd the frame a couple times.

Great examples of OP abilities. Do you happen to play Nova? If you do then that makes sense.

Stomp already has a cool down. I know because I have to wait 10 seconds before I can use it again.

I think the "cooldown" is caused by the stasis effect. By the game's logic, you are still using stomp and therefore cannot double cast while an effect is still active. It's the same "cooldown" as the one on Nyx's Chaos.

By that logic, any remaining effects from an ability should initiate a "cooldown." The double damage and half movement effects from M.Prime are after effects, and therefore should have "cooldown" like the stasis from Stomp if you really need an excuse to nerf that ability.

Edited by Jugganatha

Look, Energy is what limits certain frames which is why there is caster builds in the first place. If we do this^ we might as well just put defensive mods on with an energy siphon and nothing else

well, yes and no. this idea was too so that there`s different loadouts besides maxed flow, maxed streamline and maxed energy siphon.

you now would equip the flow and streamline mods to use the ailities from 3 to 1 more, but still evading the ultimate ability spamming. if you really want to not use those 3 first skills, just equip full defensive mods.

Horrible idea. If you don't like playing a ninja space magic game, maybe you should go find a different one and leave those of us who love it alone.

ehm, what? i love playing this game, i just think that ultimates are too spammable and normal abilities not usefull enough

well, yes and no. this idea was too so that there`s different loadouts besides maxed flow, maxed streamline and maxed energy siphon.

you now would equip the flow and streamline mods to use the ailities from 3 to 1 more, but still evading the ultimate ability spamming. if you really want to not use those 3 first skills, just equip full defensive mods.

Streamline is just a good mod, there's almost no reason to not use it.  I didn't bother ranking my flow past 3 because I don't think it's worth it, and a lot of times, Flow will be the mod I swap out for Thief's Witt (I've actually not used Flow in quite some time). Either way, using your system, Flow becomes immensly less useful of a mod.

Limited energy already limits how often we can use them. They cost a chunk of our limited energy supply. Yes, we can easily get energy cores but they don't drop often enough for us to "spam" them.

they do drop enough for abilities to be spammable. if you have a streamline mod they surely do, even more so if there is a trinity in the party

they do drop enough for abilities to be spammable. if you have a streamline mod they surely do, even more so if there is a trinity in the party

If you have streamline mod they do

Even better if you have trinity.

When you think about it. Not everybody uses streamline, nor does every group have trinity. Nor does everyone play in a group.

Edited by Mikovsky

If you have streamline mod they do

Even better if you have trinity.

When you think about it. Not everybody uses streamline, nor does every group have trinity. Nor does everyone play in a group.

but if you have streamline, then there´s a problem.

and what i meant is that with a trinity, well, you can spam ultimates AND other abilities. plus, it´s not about "well, not everyone has a streamline mod" it´s about "what if they have one?"

and if they have one, the answer is ultimate spamming, forget about the other abilities

but if you have streamline, then there´s a problem.

and what i meant is that with a trinity, well, you can spam ultimates AND other abilities. plus, it´s not about "well, not everyone has a streamline mod" it´s about "what if they have one?"

and if they have one, the answer is ultimate spamming, forget about the other abilities

Then get rid of stream-line.