Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Have An Idea To Make Prime Weapons More Viable

Atreyuxx7

We should have to work toward the prime weapons from the base model. So say we start with the mk-1 braton. After leveling it to 30 and throwing a Forma on it we then could obtain the braton. Then after leveling that to 30 and adding another forma it would transform into the prime version. If people don't "like" the looks you could keep the old skins as well. But this would "force" ( I use that term a little too loosely) to either purchase or obtain BP's to use forma's and potato's. I feel as if people would feel like they are working toward something like the ultimate version of that weapon. Basically each time you "upgrade" your weapon to the next model you would obtain better base stats. This would eliminate all the people hoarding the potatos and formas waiting for the next prime, because there no way to remove those items once they are equipped. You could you a similar system with the prime versions of Warframes as well...

Doesn't fit the minuscule lore already in game. That's like transforming a Bow into a crossbow by using it allot.

This would also mean to make weapons fair, there would need to be alternate version of every one released.

Although unrealistic, I do reluctantly support this idea.

Edited by Jamescell

Doesn't fit the minuscule lore already in game.

This would also mean to make weapons fair, there would need to be alternate version of every one released.

How so? I thought the Prime versions of weapons were Tenno "specialized/reworked" versions of existing weapons? Like a mastered version of it...

The title is so misleading... Forma isn't that hard to get, and this is basically "evolving" your weapon with Forma. At least gathering parts and piecing them together makes some sense.

Sorry about the title I was trying to figure a way to make it sound like it should be but...no luck...

How so? I thought the Prime versions of weapons were Tenno "specialized/reworked" versions of existing weapons? Like a mastered version of it...

Primes are the Orokin originals. What we're using are cheap knock-off versions that we (or the corpus in the case of the braton) adapted from the original, ancient designs. The tenno modified stuff would be the wraith and vandal gear.

It's the opposite. The Prime weapons were the originals; the other weapons are just Tenno or Corpus attempts at recreating them.

Oh...I see...Well only the Tenno could "unlock" the ability to "prime" them then anyway so...It could still work. In theory. Like you would have to obtain the ancient blue prints to craft it's final form.

This is what a lot of people have been suggesting. Make the original counterparts ingredients for the Prime recipes, and allow Formas and Potatoes to carry over.