Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus destroy own beacons due to being stuck

CazadorDeWulf

I had been fighting a Crewman when he, through some odd manner, made it onto a rock next to a gated wall.
He placed a beacon inside of himself and the beacon self-destructed or received friendly fire.
This was unusual so I watched more carefully.

Crewmen were placing beacons inside of themselves and making it to unfavorable locations for combat, such as surfaces with odd collision or are altogether obscured from the battle.
Oddly, some AI would also stop moving or attacking once they had "disengaged" from combat through the previously mentioned behavior.

• 2 years later...

I'm experiencing something to this effect too and it's making toroid farming in and around compounds nonviable for me. They seem to be shooting their own beacons. In my case it's anywhere they put them down, doesn't have to be in weird locations, though not 100% consistent, but bad enough to be infuriating and severely impeding. Maybe an animation/modelling issue? This could explain the poor spawn rates that, insofar as I know, everyone is experiencing regularly. It is very unfortunate and maddening.

I have double-checked for automated fire return/fire on my part, such as companion damage or ricochet abilities and nope, this happens entirely without my involvement.

Edited by MajitsuPrime
added clarification