The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

144HZ Is bugged

Lubdan

144hz is broken in the game, I don't know how/why, but it isn't working. I am very good with hardware and software, I can almost guarantee you this is not ignorance, something in on the latest updates has made the game so much less smooth on 144hz. My refresh rate on my monitor is set to 144, the game's output is set to 1080p/144hz, and I am getting 300-400+ FPS consistently. This used to feel super smooth and work great, but lately, one of these updates has broken it. My  monitor/setup is not the issue, other games still have that same 144hz smoothness, even the mouse in the menus of warframe just feels slow compared to how it used to be. If you guys could please investigate this, I'm almost 100% sure this game isn't actually outputting at 144 even though it says it is, something is wrong. I can't play games below this refresh rate, it gives me motion sickness for extended periods. 

9 hours ago, White_Matter said:

What CPU gives you 300-400 fps consistently ?

i7 8700k @ 5.4 GHZ.

Warframe is not a hard game to run, I have friends that can run it on potato pcs. Getting games like this/csgo etc to high fps is easy if you know how to overclock and build a proper computer. 

On 2019-01-10 at 7:51 PM, Lubdan said:

144hz is broken in the game, I don't know how/why, but it isn't working. I am very good with hardware and software, I can almost guarantee you this is not ignorance, something in on the latest updates has made the game so much less smooth on 144hz. My refresh rate on my monitor is set to 144, the game's output is set to 1080p/144hz, and I am getting 300-400+ FPS consistently. This used to feel super smooth and work great, but lately, one of these updates has broken it. My  monitor/setup is not the issue, other games still have that same 144hz smoothness, even the mouse in the menus of warframe just feels slow compared to how it used to be. If you guys could please investigate this, I'm almost 100% sure this game isn't actually outputting at 144 even though it says it is, something is wrong. I can't play games below this refresh rate, it gives me motion sickness for extended periods. 

I'm really not sure what you mean from this. I've got almost an identical setup as yours and I haven't noticed any problems playing at 144hz

Though it does sound like you're playing with no fps cap. Try setting a cap to 144 in game and see if that helps. You might be getting a lot of tearing or experiencing bad frame times.

Not sure but that's where I'd start, good luck!

10 hours ago, Lubdan said:

i7 8700k @ 5.4 GHZ.

Warframe is not a hard game to run, I have friends that can run it on potato pcs. Getting games like this/csgo etc to high fps is easy if you know how to overclock and build a proper computer. 

Thats pretty insane, considering this games biggest problem is the CPU Hog. But then you have 6 cores on 5.4 ghz. 

My 7700K @4.8ghz delivers around 180 fps and drops below 100 when at times(usually in high level index when volt is spamming his ult). 

I usually play with my fps capped @144 though, and my monitor as well, I haven't noticed anything weird however. 

On 2019-01-12 at 2:49 AM, Zenviscerator said:

I'm really not sure what you mean from this. I've got almost an identical setup as yours and I haven't noticed any problems playing at 144hz

Though it does sound like you're playing with no fps cap. Try setting a cap to 144 in game and see if that helps. You might be getting a lot of tearing or experiencing bad frame times.

Not sure but that's where I'd start, good luck!

This fixed it! Thank you very much! I've never had an issue like this in a game before, 300-400 fps has never been choppy. Appreciate the help