Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Time And Dedication A New Player Can Solo Vor

AlchemistMute

Turn on annotations.

However, it takes one about 20 minutes or so to solo Vor with Mag's first 3 skills (and nothing else), an unmodded Lato and Skana and a MK1-Braton with an unranked Fast Hands. And that's with knowledge of the game's controls and mechanics. Such as how Vor shoots his pistol and laser from his right hand, so you can abuse that by hiding behind cover but peeking out just enough to fire from your right hand, causing him to stupidly shoot at whatever you're hiding behind.

Or just having a Mag with 210 shields. She feels surprisingly tanky. This isn't really a complaint... just a showcase. The issue with NPEs is being addressed, right?

But the point is, the NPE isn't horrible. Of course, I'm not a new player. This thread is also kind of bragging. That aside, what do you think of the video?

Edited by AlchemistMute

Good demonstration of actually succeeding as a 'new player', though I think a proper noobie might have a harder time with this.

I think a major problem with NPE versus the later stages is that it's bassackwards, with the challenge being right up at the beginning, and the skill required to continue draining away as you get to higher level planets, thanks to better frames, better weapons, and better mods.

It'd be nice if skill was required to live at the later levels of the game, especially compared to the beginning.

New player would also likely have 3 buddies to help. Or a more experienced person to crush Vor for them

good job BTW

1. Generally. Being a game advertised as a co-op shooter, they'd generally have the manpower of at least one more person and their guns. However... I kinda doubt the latter. If I were playing a game I'd prefer to play it with people near my level of expertise. It's boring to have someone with a good weapon immediately destroy the first boss. Shouldn't that be a more memorable experience?

2. Thank you. :3

1. Generally. Being a game advertised as a co-op shooter, they'd generally have the manpower of at least one more person and their guns. However... I kinda doubt the latter. If I were playing a game I'd prefer to play it with people near my level of expertise. It's boring to have someone with a good weapon immediately destroy the first boss. Shouldn't that be a more memorable experience?

2. Thank you. :3

Agreed

And I tried the same thing awhile back with Loki. Took me slightly less time but then again I used an ammo box because I was too lazy to go re-farm ammo. I'd been using the Ogris around that time so my accuracy was poop.

By Gods Mk-1 Braton is so worthless with Lato being superior in everyway possible way.

Gotta find a way to tell new players to not to use Mk-1 at all, buy a pistol ammo box and stick with Lato.

Due to bad frame rate I can't fire the Lato as fast as the MK1-Braton. cri cri

Also ammo boxes are expensive. It'd be better to just put that money into a Braton or Lex.

Bandicam. Also S#&$ty laptop.

The frame rate is always below optimal, but I'm 'kay with that.

Ah. I can get ~30fps most instances running Fraps on my laptop, but I'm considering upgrading to DXtory for the higher quality, lower performance drop and smaller file size. (Srs an 18 minute vid took like 3 hours to upload)

Ah. I can get ~30fps most instances running Fraps on my laptop, but I'm considering upgrading to DXtory for the higher quality, lower performance drop and smaller file size. (Srs an 18 minute vid took like 3 hours to upload)

Heh. This video's 1 GB, which isn't too bad, but... wait, it only took you 3 hours? cri cri. I started uploading this video at 6 PM yesterday and it finished at about 7 AM today. Keeping the laptop on overnight wasn't fun, but at least there's a video.

I want your internet speed. >;-;>

By Gods Mk-1 Braton is so worthless with Lato being superior in everyway possible way.

Gotta find a way to tell new players to not to use Mk-1 at all, buy a pistol ammo box and stick with Lato.

The Mk-1 braton isn't that bad, with proper modding a potato and several formas it might kill something upto half way through the game.

The Mk-1 braton isn't that bad, with proper modding a potato and several formas it might kill something upto half way through the game.

Why would anyone even consider using forma let alone tater on the single worst weapon that makes people uninstall warframe before even leaving Mercury?

Why would anyone even consider using forma let alone tater on the single worst weapon that makes people uninstall warframe before even leaving Mercury?

The idea of the weapon isn't bad - an average fire rate automatic assault rifle with near perfect accuracy and a high clip size. Unfortunately.. it's damage is way too low.

The problem I see is most new players I see streaming Warframe, roll solo to start.  They like to learn the game alone at their own pace.  It's cute to see a new player in his lvl 3 excalibur, sneaking around a grineer ship, crouchwalking and hiding in corners.  It's adorable.

But yeah, Vor should be more solo friendly to a low lvl player.  I feel like he's currently geared towards players who have already hit 30 with one Warframe.

Heh. This video's 1 GB, which isn't too bad, but... wait, it only took you 3 hours? cri cri. I started uploading this video at 6 PM yesterday and it finished at about 7 AM today. Keeping the laptop on overnight wasn't fun, but at least there's a video.

I want your internet speed. >;-;>

This?

5dad2bd7-b65b-498e-a43e-6ed836c5d51f_zps

This was actually a bit depressing, when I was new. You start off with a rifle, pistol, and katana, only to have two of them be useful.

Soon after I figured how much more superior the Lato was, I ended up only using the MK-1 Braton when I had completely run out of pistol ammo and melee wasn't a better option. I'd then use it until pistol ammo dropped from lockers or one of the enemies that eventually died to the entire clip of Braton.

As long as you have enough ammo you can solo any boss.

I remember when I accidentially went solo on a assassination alert, with pretty much starting gear (I had only armor piercing and ammo drum on my MK-1).

Jackal was the target, killing him took me around 15 minutes.

I won, having around 60 bullets left for my Lato.

That day was a good day