Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Iron Skin - Getting The Facts Straight.

FiOth

Question

Since I started playing Rhino I've always been perplexed about the utility of his Iron Skin. The fact that it actually turns him invulnerable up to a certain ammount of dmg made improving his shield/health/armour pools pretty secondary to my eyes. I've been wondering though, does having high armour actually affect the resilience of the Skin as well? Can anyone confirm it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Just tested it, probably for the 1000th time...and once again Focus is obviously increasing the damage cap of Iron Skin, just like it should.

Failed at 11 strikes from a rank 25 charger without Focus, failed with less damage making it through after 14 strikes with Focus, same rank 25 charger.

Focus applies directly to those numbers. +30% power strength from Rank 5 Focus is 1560 damage absorbed by Rank 3 Iron Skin.

Just did the same test for myself. Each test consisted in 20 repetitions.

Rank 22 Charger striked me for constant 100 damage to shields (with a few 98 and 96 results).

Iron Skin without Focus lasted for constant 12 hits.

Iron Skin with Focus lasted for constant 16 hits.

That's consistent with Focus applying to Rhino's Iron Skin cap (1200 damage absortion at Rank 3) to boost it to 1560 damage absortion.

EDIT: Confirmed. Armor increase has no effect over Iron Skin damage absortion.

EDIT2: Edited to rewrite it clearly.

Edited by Kachocalvo