Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drives in normal missions please?

Katinka

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! I want this! I want this so hard!

But, I also think that in tile set missions, it should probably be a lot slower. Like maybe 1.5X faster than average sprinting?

Also, I want the attack command for the K-drive to be the same as the grind action. Which works out fairly, because grind requires momentum and slows the k-drive down, making it vulnerable to attack.

Typical k-drive attack would be either a goomba stomp (ground pound) or an impact attack for knockback. Using the mods to apply simple status procs and graphics. It wouldn't be a replacement for a weapon (excepting in the lowest tile sets against lvl 1-5 enemies) but would potentially act as mild crowd control or a primer for taking advantage of status procs.

I want to go bowling for enemies. Grinding a turn and knocking over all the targets.

I want to be able to grind down wires and clip enemies off while they're sliding, making them take fall damage or drop into the abyss below.

When some day they make sewer tilesets, I want to be equip my ninja turtle Nezha and go sewer surfing!

I want k-drive worked into every tile set, with at least two zoom courses built in to navigate from one room to the next, smashing through vents, over cable cords and pipes, grinding walls across large gaps.

I really want wall grinding.

All of this could be built outside the usual tile sets and have access ports.... OOOOOHHH! That's were the sewer system could work in! Everybody has a network. The Grineer have underground trams and sewer, same with the Orokin towers and derelicts. The Corpus straight up have security fielded underground trams on Venus.

Each tileset could be connected by a series of tunnels and vents that open up to a place we could more easily use K-drive in. That way, very few actual changes would have to be made to the existing designs and it wouldn't ruin the meta story. We'd just start exploring the duct works more.