The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant crashes

Djbaguettex

Hi! Anybody else experiencing/fixed this? Suddenly the screen freezes (audio is still audible) and then warframe crash report send comes up. Happens randomly. Be it in a mission or in orbiter, during fights or just walking, either twice a day or once every 20 minutes. 

If I stay in a defense/survival mission past the 15 minute mark I get anxiety knowing I will crash and just lose all rewards...

And before you mention, yes, I Have analyzed and optimized the files. And disabled DirectX 11. And reinstalled. And updated my drivers. No, I haven't installed new RAM recently. No, I don't run resource-heavy processes in the background while playing. 

Running Win 10 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i7-8750, NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti graphics card.

EDIT: For those interested and experiencing the same problems I Found out that playing with only Direct X 11 (DX10 Unticked in launcher) helps a lot with this.

Edited by Djbaguettex

Yes, I have such crashes too, under specific circumstances. The worst offenders are:

- Plains of Eidolon (right from the start, or at a random point during a bounty. Seems better when it's not raining)
- Void Fissure missions on Earth (usually right after encountering enemies)
- Orokin Sabotage linked to Earth tileset (at a random point during the mission)

Also occasionally happens in other missions, mostly when in multiplayer (noticed on Uranus, Ceres, and occasionally Saturn and Jupiter). This sometimes happens right after loading the mission. Attempting to load the same mission again right afterwards usually seems to result in another crash. Sometimes I get the feeling that it happens when joining with specific players.

Very rarely, I get a similar lag with the game freezing for a couple of seconds, but it doesn't crash and continues as normal.

Sometimes can go for several days without any crashes, unless in locations listed above.

Specs: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 1050.
Running in Wine with DXVK under Linux.

Tried all of this, to seemingly no effect:
- Lowering graphics settings (somehow I think having Texture Memory set to "high" caused less crashes, but that may be coincidence...)
- Optimizing game cache
- Switching from HDD to SSD.
- Returning slightly overclocked CPU and memory to default settings.
- Using a different NVIDIA driver version.
- Updating to newer versions of Linux / Wine / DXVK (not officially supported system, sure, but still...)

On 2019-01-15 at 6:43 PM, Djbaguettex said:

DX10 Unticked in launcher

Will try that.

Edited by ArgusXen

happens to me this evening as well.  twice.  
once occurred right as I entered text into chat as the mission exit screen popped up (instant dead, no sound - just black window for warframe)
another, in the middle of mission after checking chat window for comment (could hear sound and progress of other teammate, no visual - black screen of warframe death...)

Same here been experiencing a lot of nvidia driver crashes, i only started playing 3 weeks ago, since the latest 2 updated have been released i started experiencing crashes..

• intel core i7-7700k
  • asus strix z270f
  • GTX 1070 OC
  • 32gb ram
  • Win 10
  • 850watts 80+ gold PSU

at first i thought it was because of me updating my gpu driver to the latest one 417.71 so i tried going back to my previous drivers 391.35, 411.63, 417.01, 417.22, 417.35 all still having the same crashes..

ohhh solved mine.. i just switched from fullscreen borderless to fullscreen other settings still set to the highest, except for motion blur.. but now im stuck with 75fps, unlike the borderless avg is 250fps..

Edited by N7.Klitz

On 2019-01-15 at 6:43 PM, Djbaguettex said:

DX10 Unticked in launcher

You know, I disabled DX10, and I think it really helped. I still got about 3 crashes since then, but they seemed much more rare. Did PoE, Earth void fissure, orokin sabotage just fine since then. Only 1 crash in PoE, and 2 others in unrelated random missions (Mars rescue void fissure, and another on Uranus, both in multiplayer).

PS: Done 2 PoE bounties in a row during daytime, in multiplayer. Then had a solo free roam at night for a while, fishing, mining and hunting vomvalysts. No crashes.

Edited by ArgusXen

On 2019-01-21 at 6:06 AM, N7.Klitz said:

Same here been experiencing a lot of nvidia driver crashes, i only started playing 3 weeks ago, since the latest 2 updated have been released i started experiencing crashes..

• intel core i7-7700k
  • asus strix z270f
  • GTX 1070 OC
  • 32gb ram
  • Win 10
  • 850watts 80+ gold PSU

at first i thought it was because of me updating my gpu driver to the latest one 417.71 so i tried going back to my previous drivers 391.35, 411.63, 417.01, 417.22, 417.35 all still having the same crashes..

What about 398.11?

Edited by Urlan

Hello all,  i dont know why all time game crashed that is me 3-day how i get it, sumoner know reason or can say me how i can fix that or is server crash, how i can see many ppl have same problem like me, but any dont give some normal and simple solution for this 

I seem to have two different types of crashes.

PoE is generally a crash to desktop with no error messages. Happens at all sorts of times. Before the door opens, during a host migration, when hit by projectiles, or while doing nothing. Thusfar, I have been able to play all other mission types (including those on Earth) for hours on end without crashing. There's nothing obvious in the error log from my last crash.

My second type of crash, which occurs on OV, started producing an error after the last small update. Note that it crashed before as well, but without error messages. It now claims my dhcpcsvc6.dll is not made to run on Windows :facepalm:. But again, that error seems to be limited to OV (and once for PoE).

Specs:

Core i3 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

GeForce GT630 2GB edition (I overclocked the memory clock and speed a bit)

Windows 7 Ultimate

The gfx card is dx11 capable, but I have disabled dx 10&11 in launcher to see if that helps... nope.

10 hours ago, Sekhmet999 said:

I seem to have two different types of crashes.

PoE is generally a crash to desktop with no error messages. Happens at all sorts of times. Before the door opens, during a host migration, when hit by projectiles, or while doing nothing. Thusfar, I have been able to play all other mission types (including those on Earth) for hours on end without crashing. There's nothing obvious in the error log from my last crash.

My second type of crash, which occurs on OV, started producing an error after the last small update. Note that it crashed before as well, but without error messages. It now claims my dhcpcsvc6.dll is not made to run on Windows :facepalm:. But again, that error seems to be limited to OV (and once for PoE).

Specs:

Core i3 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

GeForce GT630 2GB edition (I overclocked the memory clock and speed a bit)

Windows 7 Ultimate

The gfx card is dx11 capable, but I have disabled dx 10&11 in launcher to see if that helps... nope.

I think that sounds like something I was dealing with a bit ago with allies; the plains area is overloading the video memory of the GPU and overflowing causing the crash. While that Kepler version of the GT630 has 2GB, that model had a reduced memory bandwidth that coupled with the memory being DDR3 is probably being really strained. Do you have a different GPU you could try? It might be as simple as switching to a newer model that pairs better with your CPU and system RAM.

12 hours ago, Urlan said:

I think that sounds like something I was dealing with a bit ago with allies; the plains area is overloading the video memory of the GPU and overflowing causing the crash. While that Kepler version of the GT630 has 2GB, that model had a reduced memory bandwidth that coupled with the memory being DDR3 is probably being really strained. Do you have a different GPU you could try? It might be as simple as switching to a newer model that pairs better with your CPU and system RAM.

Thanks for the insight. I am saving up for a newer card. Might look at the GTX1050 OC. Will have to wait a few months, though.

I have the exact same problem as OP, no idea what is causing it only it is a little worse for me. After starting any mission I am lucky if the game runs for 10 minutes before freezing and then bringing up the crash notice. Doesn't seem to matter if I am host or not, graphics settings don't matter. Can be running full-screen, windowed or full-screen windowed it doesn't matter. I have always run the game 64bit with DX11 and DX10 unchecked, changing any of the DX settings doesn't help and I am reluctant to run the game 32bit. Haven't found any logical reason for the problems though for me this only started happening since the most recent update.

I have tried all the other things OP has including verifying through launcher, optimizing through the launcher, re-downloading, updating drivers and playing with DX10 on and DX11 off and then both turned on. I haven't upgraded/changed my system in any way. I don't run resource-heavy processes in the background while playing though I have in the past a while back several times with no problems.

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x not overclocked in any way
GTX 1060 6GB not overclocked in any way
16GB 3200MHz RAM running at it's rated speed
windows 10 with all the latest updates installed
running the game form a HDD that is only 6 months old and has no issues with all my other games