The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mod Transmutation is Very Unreliable

ApathyPersonified

Is this really how transmuting's supposed to work?

I thought fusing 4 mods of the same class and type would give you a different mod of that class and type. But I tried to fuse 4 Rubedo-Lined Barrel mods (Uncommon, Archgun) and got a Vitality mod (Common, Warfarme), something I have hundreds of already and that's only the most recent occurrence. I also tried to fuse 4 Dispatch Overdrive mods and got ANOTHER Dispatch Overdrive mod (which I thought was impossible if I remember a previous update correctly).

This could be a bug, or maybe my understanding of transmuting mods is flawed, but can somebody help me out please?

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to make a new post about this because I just had the same thing happen.  Transmuted 4 Rares + 36K that goes with the transmutation just to get a common??? How is this working correctly?  The whole point I thought was to try for a mod of the same caliber or get lucky and get one I don't already own.  As it stands I will not be touching that option ever again until there is a fix in place that stops higher caliber mods producing garbage mods. 

This is like going to a jewelry store and giving a jeweler cash and 4 pieces of gold to get a nice new piece, a few days go by and you go pick up a plastic bracelet.  Come on DE, you know this is wrong.

I don't think it's actual RNG, I think it's rigged because the first time I transmuted in months, and I mean there was a solid 6mth break, I got 2 Condition Overloads in the first 2 transmutes and then nothing decent after that, to this day. I'll do it once in a while for the lols but never to replicate this luck.