Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Xbox] Supposedly Connected to Chat, But It Isn't Working

(XBOX)Earth Nuggets

Question

As title says. I don't have the "failed to connect" bug. I can see all the updates and tips posted by the [DE]KickBot, but I don't see any incoming messages from other players despite hundreds of people listed as being in the chat lobby. I also sent a few "can anyone see this?" messages to zero response. I've fiddled with chat settings in-game, relaunched the game multiple times, checked my connection on Xbox settings (all seems normal), did a hard reboot of the console, reset my modem and router and have now even completely reinstalled the game... to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

hnQIGHo.png

2 answers to this question

I actually switched to a wired connection after other mysterious connection problems (couldn't open doors or capture points in an Interception Arbitration mission; that's real fun) and that didn't fix it either. Oh, also my girlfriend is connected to the same Internet connection and whether wired or wireless, chat works for her just fine. Guess we're cursed.

Support finally got back to me. They told me to delete the saved data on my system and see if the OS was up-to-date. OS was and is the most recent build and deleting the save did not solve the problem, so still stuck with no solution.

[UPDATE: If anyone finds this thread in a similar situation, check your Xbox privacy settings. I must have made a change after someone kept inviting me on Call of Duty or something because I set a toggle which stopped people not on my actual friends list from sending messages or invites. That's usually a great thing to have on, but when you play Warframe, the chat gets the same consideration and all of it gets blocked!]

Edited by (XB1)Earth Nuggets
  • Like 1