Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, The Soma...

AfroGamerNinja

Are you serious?

A rifle that overshadows armor ignoring damage in a game that favors armor ignoring damage will be unbelievably overpowered in a game that doesn't favor armor ignoring damage.

So your idea of balance is to have all non-ai weapons inferior?

I meant from perspective of the Warframe not the player perspective. I know Warframes most likely have an internal targeting systems or something like that. But the Soma still has an iron sight. However said sight gets blocked by it's magazine as soon as you start firing.

So? It's a third person shooter with no basis in reality. Who cares what blocks what?

At level 25 with a potato I can kill one of the golem head with one magazine...If you max the crit damage and chance then add split chamber and serration it is an absolute monster.

1 magazine = 100 bullets and its true.

At Defence 3 Void with potatoed soma with Critical + Shred build its took a whole magazine to take down a acient or heavy level 130 and people still asking for nerfs....

This weapon is balanced already.  They were probably waiting to release it until they could get rid of 1000 credit full rifle ammo boxes.  You have to be conservative with this weapon or the ammo just won't last.  There are only 640 bullets available to you at the start of a game if you aren't using ammo drum.  That is only 6 magazines.  That is going to be the main difference between the choice of the Soma and other weapons for a mission for high level players.

As a side note, to max out this weapon's damage you have to use 5 mods guaranteed (point strike, hammer shot, vital sense, serration, split chamber).  So in order for this to be the OP weapon some people have accused it of being, you must farm 1 common, 1 nightmare, 2 rare, and 1 uncommon mod not to mention the resources to build this and any ammo refills if you're feeling generous.

I've forma'd the weapon twice already and I can say that it is not for new players merely from an accessibility standpoint.  Think of it objectively, Johnny Excalibur is a solo player (1/3rd of DE's player base, it was on a livestream they said that, maybe 10) and just got done leveling his braton and wants a new weapon, looks on the wiki for best weapons and sees the Soma.  He then sees the crafting costs and the crit build it is renowned for.  He then must get his character to be able to successfully beat nightmare missions like crazy to get hammer shot and farm tons of high level mobs for vital sense.  Then he has to level the mods up, build the Soma, deal with it's really low damage when you first get it, then level serration... you get the point.

Try to attach a number of hours of play time to how long it would take to accomplish all these tasks before getting that weapon to it's full potential.  I have more than 300 hours on my account and still haven't gotten barrel diffusion for the pistol... some people may have a hard time getting split chamber or hammer shot.  The Soma is a very specialized, rare, genius of a weapon and deserves to be left alone.

This weapon is balanced already.  They were probably waiting to release it until they could get rid of 1000 credit full rifle ammo boxes.  You have to be conservative with this weapon or the ammo just won't last.  There are only 640 bullets available to you at the start of a game if you aren't using ammo drum.  That is only 6 magazines.  That is going to be the main difference between the choice of the Soma and other weapons for a mission for high level players.

As a side note, to max out this weapon's damage you have to use 5 mods guaranteed (point strike, hammer shot, vital sense, serration, split chamber).  So in order for this to be the OP weapon some people have accused it of being, you must farm 1 common, 1 nightmare, 2 rare, and 1 uncommon mod not to mention the resources to build this and any ammo refills if you're feeling generous.

I've forma'd the weapon twice already and I can say that it is not for new players merely from an accessibility standpoint.  Think of it objectively, Johnny Excalibur is a solo player (1/3rd of DE's player base, it was on a livestream they said that, maybe 10) and just got done leveling his braton and wants a new weapon, looks on the wiki for best weapons and sees the Soma.  He then sees the crafting costs and the crit build it is renowned for.  He then must get his character to be able to successfully beat nightmare missions like crazy to get hammer shot and farm tons of high level mobs for vital sense.  Then he has to level the mods up, build the Soma, deal with it's really low damage when you first get it, then level serration... you get the point.

Try to attach a number of hours of play time to how long it would take to accomplish all these tasks before getting that weapon to it's full potential.  I have more than 300 hours on my account and still haven't gotten barrel diffusion for the pistol... some people may have a hard time getting split chamber or hammer shot.  The Soma is a very specialized, rare, genius of a weapon and deserves to be left alone.

The super high firerate and spool up time (paired with the superlarge magazine size) is kinda bad. It outshines the Supra, Gorgon and Grakata.

I suggest a lower magazine size (around 60 to 75) and a lower but constant firerate of about 7.5 or maybe 8-9.