The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe 2019, or ignoring performance issue

DemoHellsword

Sorry for the salty title (a little bit), but i'm kinda pissed at the moment.

It's been a while since i played Warframe. I played it for years, enjoying every bit of it like a child in front of his action figures. But recently, i came up a huge problem that hasn't been fixed since the first update of Fortuna. I'm talking about performance issues of course.

I've been confronted to this problem ever since Fortuna came out, and it's the horrible performances of the open world environments. Between 20 FPS frames on Fortuna constantly, to huge lagspikes and freezes making me run on 1 FPS for a couple of minutes until it comes down, it's been a really bad experience so far.

I know that the devs are busy trying to give us excellent content and fun gameplay here and there, but i can't even play correctly on this game since the update and i can't get the full experience ! Even with a 900€ gaming computer, it still destroys my FPSs. And 2GB of memory usage while running the game in Fortuna ? Really ? I couldn't believe my eyes when before, i would run into the Plains of Eidolon full 60 FPS without batting an eye. Now, i just went to catch some fish and i got a SINGLE FPS during 15 minutes. It can't be because my computer's getting old. Hell, i bought it 6 months ago and clean it every single month. I even play Dying Light, Dead by Daylight and the Witcher III on this bad boy with 60 FPS when i got the time.

I know i must come off as a little bit of a raging #$&(%, and honestly, you might be right ! But when i experience this when i've got other games with more requirements than this one, and still end up on my knees in Fortuna, i just can't even properly say how bad i'm feeling. It's been a couple of hotfixes here and there, and i still have the same problem. I've done literally EVERYTHING i could to fix this, from disabling some DirectX versions to talking about friends in the computer business about my problems, but even they don't find anything that could be the source of the problem in my computer.

So yeah, i kinda vented off because i needed to. Honestly, i don't think the devs will fix this, and i'll lose another game until they properly fix this in a really futuristic update, but i wanted to get that off my chest and write my opinion about all of this. I hope you don't have the same problems as i have, because it's a huge pain in the back. See you around, peeps.

17 minutes ago, DemoHellsword said:

Sorry for the salty title (a little bit), but i'm kinda pissed at the moment.

It's been a while since i played Warframe. I played it for years, enjoying every bit of it like a child in front of his action figures. But recently, i came up a huge problem that hasn't been fixed since the first update of Fortuna. I'm talking about performance issues of course.

I've been confronted to this problem ever since Fortuna came out, and it's the horrible performances of the open world environments. Between 20 FPS frames on Fortuna constantly, to huge lagspikes and freezes making me run on 1 FPS for a couple of minutes until it comes down, it's been a really bad experience so far.

I know that the devs are busy trying to give us excellent content and fun gameplay here and there, but i can't even play correctly on this game since the update and i can't get the full experience ! Even with a 900€ gaming computer, it still destroys my FPSs. And 2GB of memory usage while running the game in Fortuna ? Really ? I couldn't believe my eyes when before, i would run into the Plains of Eidolon full 60 FPS without batting an eye. Now, i just went to catch some fish and i got a SINGLE FPS during 15 minutes. It can't be because my computer's getting old. Hell, i bought it 6 months ago and clean it every single month. I even play Dying Light, Dead by Daylight and the Witcher III on this bad boy with 60 FPS when i got the time.

I know i must come off as a little bit of a raging #$&(%, and honestly, you might be right ! But when i experience this when i've got other games with more requirements than this one, and still end up on my knees in Fortuna, i just can't even properly say how bad i'm feeling. It's been a couple of hotfixes here and there, and i still have the same problem. I've done literally EVERYTHING i could to fix this, from disabling some DirectX versions to talking about friends in the computer business about my problems, but even they don't find anything that could be the source of the problem in my computer.

So yeah, i kinda vented off because i needed to. Honestly, i don't think the devs will fix this, and i'll lose another game until they properly fix this in a really futuristic update, but i wanted to get that off my chest and write my opinion about all of this. I hope you don't have the same problems as i have, because it's a huge pain in the back. See you around, peeps.

List out your system specs and I will see if I can see the issue.

Processor : Intel(R) Core i5-6400 CPU 2.70GHz with 4 cores

8.00 Go of memory RAM

Graphic card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M

Windows 10 x64

I think that's every important specs ? If you need any more, please ask me. I'd do literally ANYTHING to fix this problem on a game that i love.

16 minutes ago, DemoHellsword said:

Processor : Intel(R) Core i5-6400 CPU 2.70GHz with 4 cores

8.00 Go of memory RAM

Graphic card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M

Windows 10 x64

I think that's every important specs ? If you need any more, please ask me. I'd do literally ANYTHING to fix this problem on a game that i love.

What directx are you using I assume you have 12 because Windows 10 but what is it on the launcher? And are you using the launcher in 32 or 64 bit?

I put DirectX 10 and 11 back on after testing without them and seeing no real change. As for the V sync, i have it on automatic. Should i change one of these or keep it as it is ?

By the way, i'm gonna go to sleep (I'm in a different time zone so i might be up in... i don't know, 7 hours ? Sorry about that)

Just now, DemoHellsword said:

I put DirectX 10 and 11 back on after testing without them and seeing no real change. As for the V sync, i have it on automatic. Should i change one of these or keep it as it is ?

By the way, i'm gonna go to sleep (I'm in a different time zone so i might be up in... i don't know, 7 hours ? Sorry about that)

You are fine maybe mess with the v sync settings.

I see the issue you have though with a somewhat similar system but with somewhat similar specs, though I have no issues, that sever but I have seen severe stuttering.
I've heard that a windows update did some stuff which isn't helping, but I'm not sure if this is due a mistake microsoft made or something else.

Specs:
core i7 4790k 4.6ghz
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g clocked at around 1480 mhz
32gb ddr3 on 2400mhz
the game is installed on a 4x1TB Windows raid 0
the OS is installed on a 240/250gb ssd from crucial
windows version is 1806 the october update.

My issue is which things did you do? look did you DDU the driver? Like totally reinstall the driver and remove all remains.

Did you stress test the GPU and CPU so that it is not overheating?
Does your PC even have adequate cooling?
what is your Ram usage while gaming?
What background processes are running?
What are your resolution settings and graphics quality settings?
Where is the game installed on?

These are I think the most important things, there could be a random thing like DPC latency issues with a random driver but that is next I think.

Anyway I hope you could deliver me these points already

Great Nepping Greetings,

Nep_Blanc

Edited by Nep_Blanc

24 minutes ago, Nep_Blanc said:

I see the issue you have though with a somewhat similar system but with somewhat similar specs, though I have no issues, that sever but I have seen severe stuttering.
I've heard that a windows update did some stuff which isn't helping, but I'm not sure if this is due a mistake microsoft made or something else.

Specs:
core i7 4790k 4.6ghz
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g clocked at around 1480 mhz
32gb ddr3 on 2400mhz
the game is installed on a 4x1TB Windows raid 0
the OS is installed on a 240/250gb ssd from crucial
windows version is 1806 the october update.

My issue is which things did you do? look did you DDU the driver? Like totally reinstall the driver and remove all remains.

Did you stress test the GPU and CPU so that it is not overheating?
Does your PC even have adequate cooling?
what is your Ram usage while gaming?
What background processes are running?
What are your resolution settings and graphics quality settings?
Where is the game installed on?

These are I think the most important things, there could be a random thing like DPC latency issues with a random driver but that is next I think.

Anyway I hope you could deliver me these points already

Great Nepping Greetings,

Nep_Blanc

GTX970 is vastly superior to a GTX 950M though