Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban... really needs a rework.

Kaligath

What comes to mind when i see vauban why pick him when there are frames who have his ability and do better.

Now i admit he does have some fun ability but if they are not that great compared to other frames ability or even have his own niche role he will effectively be thrown into a vault somewhere never to be heard of again so these are just my own opinions to make his ability some what competitive to other frames.

Now his theme is all about being a tactician that i am understanding of so his main niche should be ability's that CC or lower the effectiveness of the enemy but what about benefiting allies i don't see anything in his kit that would be a possible benefit to any ally.

1) Tesla As his main damaging ability in his kit it feels very lacklustre its range is kinda puny so i was watching some enemy's and they have a similar ability but there one rolls around and once it finds a warframe it latch's onto it after a wile exploding now if only tesla did the same thing to the enemy wile keeping its AOE would make it very viable as a first ability.

2) Mine layer some of these ability really need changing as some of them might just be for fun but can troll and others are never used due to how the enemy react and will sometimes just ignore them.

Bounce = change it please this is the trolling ability but also hardly useful i would say make it more of a snare with a small AOE its new name would be Snare
Trip laser = Its fine to be honest Replace the stun with Gas damage its new name would be Toxic
Shred = Its fine to be honest Blast damage is fine on this
Concuss = Its fine to be honest Radiation damage is fine on this

There for now you have 1 mine that CC wile the others deal with 3 different status effects giving him a very well rounded kit.

3) Bastille now because of my suggestion to bounce becoming snare would effectively be the same ability i would suggest this Still keep it as a field effect but instead of snaring enemies have it reduce the enemies elemental resistances this would be good because it would work with 3 of the other mines for instance enemies already weak to say blast using this coupled with shred mines would grant them with more damage it could also reduce resistance to snare making snare effect last longer.

4) His vortex now i am going to be honest here why has nidus got this ability as a normal ability and its better this really needs to be changed please add a crushing damage effect first a pull in then a slow crushing effect depending on how many enemies are sucked into it.

As you can see skill 2 and 3 would work together think of skill 3 as setting up a zone for his traps to be more effective wile also supporting his ally's strengths.

These are merely suggestion because to me i love the theme vauban has going for it but its just let down by the fact so many frames outclass it making people question WHY would i pick this frame when other frames can do his job far better.

Edited by Kaligath