Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Stamina System Is Garbage

syle

then what is the problem then? If this change is not gonna change any play style then why is everyone besides a few whining and crying about it?

Because it has destroyed the entire pace of the game. It no longer feels remotely fun or ninja like. The very joy of movement has been sucked out and thrown in the dumpster with these changes. The only people happy with it are hunch backed cackling sluggos who accuse anyone who moves faster than them of "rushing".

then what is the problem then? If this change is not gonna change any play style then why is everyone besides a few whining and crying about it?

Cause that's how people usually are. They feel it's wrong/unfair so they whine and cry about it.

Changing in game mechanics will only slow down the rushers..but they will still rush through the mission.

If you're keeping up with rushers, I have some bad news for you. You may be the very thing you hate.

I'm not rushing though, I'm struggling to keep up. If I was the lead in the pack, running past everything and getting to boss first, then yes, I would be a rusher, but I'm last of the pack, keeping up and picking off stragglers.

Used to, I couldnt even get to boss in time with a rusher. Now, I sometimes even get to see the boss die....not usually get a shot in, but I get to watch it die and grab the loot.

I dont get to fight bosses in groups since everyone moves faster than me, since you know, I dont rush like an impatient kid ignoring all the hard work the devs did putting this fine game together.

My problem is I liked the old system. I felt fast and agile and free to move across the map. It's not because I liked to rush (though admittedly I did sometimes), it's just that this new system makes me feel like an old man. I can't keep going, I have to pause every 10 yards or so to get my stamina back. In this game, it just doesn't fit. Besides if people wanted to go slower they always had that option they didn't have to sprint slide then copter a mile across the map. 

Why did the game have to change to suit only what a few other people think is good for it?

Used to be Space Cyborg Ninjas that defied the laws of physics and human anatomy.

Now just human Ninjas in awesome suits.

Poor Rushers...they lost their Slide Derp.

I'm still going to outrun you. I just hate how clunky the game feels now. Boohoo for you.

I'm still going to outrun you. I just hate how clunky the game feels now. Boohoo for you.

I have a buddy that plays with Loki, uses redirection for shields, and everything else is speed stuff. Marathon, Rush, and Quick Rest. I cant rush with him, but I can at least get to boss drops before he makes it to extraction now. I never said I would rush with you, just keep up. And that means at least getting boss drops.

Edited by MasterZalm

Not, it isnt the game's proposition. Proposition for warframe is "4-player CO-OP". I used caps there so you wouldn't miss it.

That said, all that you said can be applied to YOU. If YOU want to rush, switch to private, solo or invite only, and play with ppl that know that you do what you do. Online is for jolly cooperation as that is the whole foundation of the game.

I actually do. However, your "enjoyment of the game" has now ruined my enjoyment of my solo playstyle.

When you play with other people you have to accept the fact that they will want to play the game differently from you. I accepted that people would want to go slow, so I went and played solo, or only with friends who would go fast -- note, again, that I was already doing that. However, you and your ilk have decided that, instead of coping with people with differing playstyles from yours, the gameplay's very mechanics should reinforce your playstyle while hampering mine. Instead, I'm still going fairly fast, it's just a complete pain in the &#! to manage now, and sapping my enjoyment of the game. For others, it's forced them to change their mod loadout, which in turn means those 50,000 or so new Warframe mods we got just recently are even less likely to ever be used by anyone in great number.

There is no advantage to this change. It makes life more miserable for people on the low end of the skill and gear spectrums, and makes life tedious and annoying for players on the high end of the skill and gear spectrums. Nobody is even thinking of the new player impression. Warframes that get winded faster than a geriatric climbing three steps with a walker? So exciting! So ninja!

This game now plays like a slower, less balanced Mass Effect 3 with even more RNG and much less fun. If I wanted PvP, I'd play any number of well balanced arena shooters. If I wanted mission based co-op and playing the same levels over and over again, I'd go dust off Alien Swarm again. Now it's looking like, for a decent co-op fix, I'll have to go back to L4D2 or any of another number of games that don't have problems like enemies that become invincible to 80% of the weapons weapons past a certain point.

Great, so they try AGAIN to make changes to the stamina system,

after the last time they did this, there was so much uproar about it, that they were forced to revert it back to normal again,..

This is a brilliant design desicion!!! reintroduce a concept, that was already rejected once..

Sometimes when I get ahead of my group. I slow down and just leisurely run and kill stuff along the way. (Before U10.)

But, there's always that one person that just has to rush ahead when I'm giving off an effortless, conspicuous-ish message.

Just slow down and go with the flow. :/

It's enjoyable when you know your team is around you... killing stuff.

Edited by FFSMage

Great, so they try AGAIN to make changes to the stamina system,

after the last time they did this, there was so much uproar about it, that they were forced to revert it back to normal again,..

This is a brilliant design desicion!!! reintroduce a concept, that was already rejected once..

I hope they keep it this time. And maybe just buff the mods or add some dual use speed mods for nightmare, like Max Stam and Speed. I like the change so far and hope it doesnt go back. I'm able to get to boss drops now, and I like getting BP for the frames I want to build.

new system sucks.................

quit trying to cut off our legs and just make a matchmaking lobby for people who like walking everywhere.

these past few updates the amount of lazy design decisions is too damn high.

fix useless stamina mods? nope just nerf stamina.

fix useless frames? nope , waste mod space to make them  even a lil bit useful.

fix ember , volt , trinity? nope , ember is now a caster frame lolwtfbbq #swag @yolo , trinity is now a baby sitter , volt .... who is that?

fix for weapon accuracy being all over the place? nope , here are some more useless mods.

fix for useless melee? nopw , here are some more useless mods.

list goes on, DE seems to like to go about lazy pants adjustments instead of fixing stuff.

(obviously a bit exaggerated , for comedic effect )

Funny, my frost prime with no speed mods never missed a single boss drop, and made it to extraction every time too. Maybe *gasp* the problem has been you all along?

Maybe...."GASP" it was the rushers, skipping all the mobs and leaving me and any other teammates behind to fight the crowded doors of mobs and get to the boss in time.

I'm now making my Mag and ember because of this patch, and I couldnt be happier. I finally got to the boss drops without having to fight at every door just to get through.

KEEP IT!

Keep it the same!!!!

I like getting boss drops.

While I agree with you that rushers are a problem. I think it's incredibly selfish of you to want the game to be in a horrible state just because of that. Why not try avoiding public groups if it bothers you that much. Or maybe get a faster warframe. Whatever the case, your reasons don't justify the end result and you're a selfish person for wanting it so.

Edited by Buri

Maybe...."GASP" it was the rushers, skipping all the mobs and leaving me and any other teammates behind to fight the crowded doors of mobs and get to the boss in time.

I'm now making my Mag and ember because of this patch, and I couldnt be happier. I finally got to the boss drops without having to fight at every door just to get through.

It could happen ONLY if you had 2 or more rushers on your team, seeing as double doors prevent single rusher from going in and killing the boss or running too far awead of you.

While stamina does need to take a more important role, there has to be another way to go around this. The current stamina system not only reduces people's versatility (ability to keep up with rushers, rushing through parkour courses, and rushing to revive people), but it also cripples the melee system.

Based on my experiences, even when I'm not abusing the speed glitches associated with the sprint, jump, and sliding functions, I feel slower than before. I can't even use my Gram for charge DPS or AOE knockdowns because a few charged/normal swings and/or jump attacks mean I run out of stamina.

While I agree with you that rushers are a problem. I think it's incredibly selfish of you to want the game to be in a horrible state just because of that. Why not try avoiding public groups if it bothers you that much. Or maybe get a faster warframe. Whatever the case, your reasons don't justify the end result and you're a selfish person for wanting it so.

I dont like to play co-op games solo. I prefer Frost Prime over Mag or Nova. Given, this isnt the best solution to rushers, but its the best we have, and until they make  better one, I really hope it stays.

nope, pretty sure the problem was you.

And I'm pretty sure your a rusher, and this affects you. I'm not the problem if they are nerfing your gameplay style.

It could happen ONLY if you had 2 or more rushers on your team, seeing as double doors prevent single rusher from going in and killing the boss or running too far awead of you.

And double doors only appear on corpus ships. I rarely see them, and I dont think I have ever seen them on boss runs or alerts...where rushers frequent. If they had more double doors on every mission, that could be a better solution than stamina nerf, but until then, Stamina nerf is our best rusher deterrent.

Edited by MasterZalm

I for one am glad that they are returning the stamina system to what it was intended to be, and utilize the blocking mechanism that most players don't even know about. 

got that new reflection mod in a void run, so you're damn right I'm gonna try it out, with a little marathon on the side. now these mods might actually be usable. then again, it might jsut be a novelty build. but with the new loadout system, there isn't the hassel of switching all the mods between runs