The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Parthenope, The Siren [Art Included]

LostEpoch

Another old Warframe concept I made years ago and decided to revitalize. Once again, the powers may be outdated so any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated! In the picture, we have Parthenope atop the head of a fallen Arboralyst. Enjoy!

Parthenope the Siren

Serenade: Parthenope emits a soothing song that dazes enemies and attracts them towards her within a certain radius. Similar to Djinns Fatal Attraction, just more effective and over a larger range. Can be affected by power strength, range, and duration.

Mist: Parthenope conjures up a mist within an area and impairs enemies sight. The mist lingers for a certain amount of time. This blinds enemies that enter it and inflicts viral and magnetic damage. Can be charged for greater area coverage. Affected by Power range and duration.

Outcrop: Parthenope causes small outcrops of jagged rocks to come out of the ground which, when in contact with an enemy, injures them and causes puncture damage and bleed out proc. Damage is doubled when used within Mist. Affected by Power range and strength.

Shipwrecked: After emitting a shrill scream, Parthenope summons a pool of water that covers a certain area. Jagged rock formations encircle the area, trapping enemies inside. Trapped enemies are then repeatedly impaled by broken and shattered timbers belonging to ships of old that emerge from the water. Can be affected by power strength, range and duration.

parthenope__the_siren_warframe_by_forgot

Older Art:

Spoiler

dcokf9p-3fe5ee57-bed1-47fd-bf43-d13abff1Z6LrJKP.jpg?1MX9esL1.jpg

Edited by LostEpoch

Hey Epoch, based on your concept page, I have a few questions/clarifications

Serenade: is the effect similar to the attraction caused by Resonator, Oct's 2nd? If so, are you varying the movement speed of the enemies, the time is taken to notice and what does it do to the alertness of the enemy?

Mist: Is it a per tick proc or a per second proc? do the numbers scale?

Outcrop: Are the spikes randomized or based on FoV

Shipwrecked: hmm I'm seeing some similarities between Hydroids and hers. I'd suggest a 4th that, when activated, surrounds Parthenope in a vortex of debris(channeled). If Mist is activated during her 4th, she turns invisible. If Serenade is activated, all enemies walk(range) into Parthenope's vortex of death and fight for her until energy runs out. If outcrop is activated(single press, range, pwr str), shards of rock fly from the vortex, and are slightly homing. The number of projectiles is based on pwr str

But I love this concept

7u7

On 2019-02-01 at 7:05 PM, LostEpoch said:

Serenade: Parthenope emits a soothing song that dazes enemies and attracts them towards her within a certain radius. Similar to Djinns Fatal Attraction, just more effective and over a larger range. Can be affected by power strength, range, and duration.

Suggestion: Serenade slows enemies affected and disables them (so they can't attack, they just walk towards you slowly).

With those additions it would sound very much Siren-like.

Also, MIst and Outcrop are kinda too similar (aoe with damage over time).

Edited by HugintheCrow

8 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

6 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Serenade is similar yes, but I believe its closer to djinns fatal attraction ability. It slows enemies down and reduces their speed. Reduces their alertness too.

Mist functions in a similar matter as those magnetic clouds that spawn in missions.  As for scaling, I'm not sure. The main point for this ability is to cripple their shields and health while also allowing finishers.

Outcrops spikes spawn would be randomized within a radius or if Mist is spawned and the ability is cast on mist, it will spawn within the mist.

As for Shipwrecked, I was worried that it would seem too similar to hydroid. I've been working on changing Outcrop and Shipwrecked to Charybdis and Scylla.

Charybdis: A large whirlpool forms dragging nearby  enemies into it. However, the pool is lined with rings of teeth that deal high puncture and slash damage. With Mist activated in the same area, the teeth deal extra viral damage. Can be modded for range, duration and strength.

Scylla: Spawns a large 3/4/5/7 headed monster, similar in design to a hydra, made from jagged rock fragments and splintered timbers from old ships. The heads attack nearby enemies, occasionally grabbing them with their jaws and firing short distance streams of boiling water at enemies, inflicting heat damage on imapact and causing knockdown. Can be used in combination with Charybdis to get enemies within reach.

Thank you both for the input!

• Like 1