Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator quest line... stuck... “ability use prevented”

(XBOX)AtroposRaven

Playing on XB1X.  I’m doing the quest where you get the operator (don’t recall name of quest).  I’m in the throne room with the two queens, a bunch of Kuva Guards and Teshin.  

Teshin is like “use your operator powers, Tenno and beat this Kuva guard like a drum!”

The game is all like “press RS to use transference”

I’m like “It’s on now!” And I press RS.

The game is like “ability use prevented”

WTF

i did some web searches which recommend setting “ability use on selection” in gameplay options.  Except that option doesn’t exist for me.  Restarting the game puts me back in the quest fight that I can’t complete.

Game totally locked into broken state.

Help?

7 hours ago, (XB1)AtroposRaven said:

The game is all like “press RS to use transference”

I’m like “It’s on now!” And I press RS.

RS?  Have you changed the control bindings?  For me it is hold RB then press LB.

If you have changed your bindings, see if you can go back to default and try the above combination.

I did have changed bindings but I restored them to default, started over.  Which has me at a point that it’s telling me to use RS.

i have done some research and it seems like you have to have a focus lens equipped to use transference.  But the thing is... I didn’t know that so I didn’t before I got on this train ride and so now I can’t get off the ride and I can’t equip the lense.

4 hours ago, (XB1)AtroposRaven said:

I did have changed bindings but I restored them to default, started over.  Which has me at a point that it’s telling me to use RS.

i have done some research and it seems like you have to have a focus lens equipped to use transference.  But the thing is... I didn’t know that so I didn’t before I got on this train ride and so now I can’t get off the ride and I can’t equip the lense.

You don't need a lens... Their solo purpose if for gaining focus.

Edited by Zelmeno