Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox needs a little love

SixDimensions

Equinox QOL changes

Disclaimer -- anything with an * is just a placeholder idea rather than an actual, viable suggestion. I'm open to other ideas.

Passive: improve the energy/health awarded to at least be comparable to the fully leveled Equilibrium mod.

Metamorphosis: slight increase the bonuses for switching form would be nice.  Also, make the bonus permanent for the aspect you change to with a decaying buff of the aspect you changed from. (E.G. switch to night for permanent armor/shield bonus and decaying speed/weapon bonus; vice versa for switching to day form).

Rage: while I like this ability, I do feel that it is very underused.  It should have some additional utility to make it viable.  Increasing damage dealt to enemies but making them harder to hit is balanced in theory; in practice our weapons typically do enough damage without the boost and the enemies that a properly modded weapon can't kill in reasonable time are not the enemies that you want moving a lot faster.  
*Perhaps including a miniature magnetize effect (think the Scourge) or, more in line with daylight theme, a short radial blind to give you a chance to attack before the enemies dodge everything.

Pacify: the damage reduction fallof is night great.  In fact it requires you to move to clusters of enemies to reduce damage.  While ranged enemies can effectively be countered with Rest and this can be used to counter close range enemies it really should be effective on its own.  Also, the augment should keep the stack when switching aspects.
*For additional utility perhaps enemies within the radius have a chance to be diarmed, encouraging them to close in and thus benefit from the current behavior of the ability.  Personally though I feel they concentric radii should just be abolished altogether.

Provoke: for the most part I like how this functions. But if the augment is going to be capped then un\augmented strength boost should both be increased a bit.

Mend: probably my least liked ability due to it being such a reactive ability.  Either you're building and using charge like a maniac to keep everyone alive with constant burst heals or you're so busy watching everyone's health/shields and waiting for the right moment to fire off the charge.  There is usually so much excess in this charge as well that just goes to waste.  Not to mention that you have to be within range of allies for them to actually benefit.
*This ability should be a burst heal over time effected by duration/strength.  More strength = more health per burst. More duration = more time between bursts.  The healing effect would still drain charge and not heal independent of it.  Allies within radius of initial cast will benefit for a decaying duration when they leave range.  The heal will also effect both health and shields.  I think this balance between duration/strength will open up more build options and all users to adapt their Mend ability and usage to their Maim usage.  Also, the augment should be an inherent property of Equinox.  With constant charge drain it will help reduce players nuking by increasing the utility of Mend.

I have to disagree. She's best when focused either Day or Night form. And those builds don't synergize well. You can't get the best of both forms and a medium build between them doesn't offer significant benefits to either. Her entire motif is rapid and versatile abilities that damage and debuff enemies or protect and support allies. As is you can't have both effectively and switching between them isn't very fluid.

If you have a build to dispute please feel free the share. I'd honestly love to test it out and be proven wrong