The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts About The Direlict Mechanic.

mcryseria

Okay so I was one one those people who were not really thrilled with the Arid Fear event.

For those who don't remember the Arid Fear event, it's the event w/c required you to do special alert missions to be able to get 2 kinds of materials w/c required a BP from the market w/c you use to craft a key so that you can farm points for the event... Yeah that sort of summarizes it.

Anyways I thought DE already learned that this kind of idea sucks, but no, instead they try to do it again and this time it's alot worst.

How to get Nekro without using platinum:

1. Grind missions to farm nav coordinate.

2. Craft Orokin Direlict mission key after getting 5 nav coordinates and other components.

3. Do Orokin Direlict missions to farm another component - Golem nav coordinate.

4. Craft Orokin Direlict Assassinate w/c requires 5 Golem nav coordinates and other components.

5. Do Orokin Direlict Assassinate missions for a chance to get Nekro warframe BP parts.

This process is actually a grind within a grind within a grind. Hence the term Grindception.

How to get other frames without using platinum:

1. Unlock assassination mission on a designated planet.

2. Kill boss for a chance to get a warframe BP parts.

Seriously, where's the logic in this?

A few points.

First, it's unfair to call it a "grind to farm nav coords" when they drop often and from any mission. There is literally not a single mission you could do without a good chance of getting nav coords.

Second, having two "steps" for clicking crafting buttons... yeah. Not taking away from anything in a meaningful manner.

Third, the mechanic is set up in a way to very strongly encourage players to explore the new area DE just released instead of do 2 minute speed runs.

Fourth, I take it you don't count Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Banshee, or Vauban in this list of "other frames"?

Last point, just because you couldn't get it FOR FREE before bedtime doesn't mean DE did not make a good call. In a week, so many people will be running around with free Nekros frames that all this flak will be forgotten by most.

Honestly I wouldnt mind farming Golem NAV coordinates if only it was at a specific place *Cough* Jupiter

, and only 1 Orokin Derelict. Then maybe it would be worth it. But this is tedious. DE what were you thinking.

You can't even farm these, you have to get them by "Accident" while in a mission.

Grindception, that really is the best way to describe it. however, the nav coordinates dropping from lockers is the only thing that justifies the hidden loot rooms throughout the galaxy. before this, I didn't understand the point of having a room full of lockers that was out of the way or somewhat challenging to get to. I mean they don't even drop energy or affinity. this new mechanic has provoked me into making a novel master thief build, and it's satisfying to find those nav coordinates. I wish the second layer of grind was removed, forcing you to find golem-specific coordinates within the derelict missions. then again, I haven't done either, so maybe the derelict missions will have a decent chance to drop several golem coords in one run. 

but you are right, the additional levels of grinding leading up to the golem boss fight, which then involves the almighty RNG, could be considered sadistic. we'll see how the void drop tables are all readjusted, though. if you compare it to other void missions, though, that requires grinding defense missions until you get the keys you need, and then requires you to grind through those keys. not 3 layers, but still some grindception

First, it's unfair to call it a "grind to farm nav coords" when they drop often and from any mission. There is literally not a single mission you could do without a good chance of getting nav coords.

Often? I'm lucky if i get one despite searching through every container and yes i explored every inch of map.

How do you get multiple?

That's 15 normal missions+15 derelict missions+3 runs on Golem=33 missions in best case scenario, even this is shocking.

Edited by Morgax

A few points.

Second, having two "steps" for clicking crafting buttons... yeah. Not taking away from anything in a meaningful manner.

Third, the mechanic is set up in a way to very strongly encourage players to explore the new area DE just released instead of do 2 minute speed runs.

Fourth, I take it you don't count Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Banshee, or Vauban in this list of "other frames"?

Last point, just because you couldn't get it FOR FREE before bedtime doesn't mean DE did not make a good call. In a week, so many people will be running around with free Nekros frames that all this flak will be forgotten by most.

I counted the crafting twice because they require an hour for Orokin Direlict missions and 3 hours for Orokin Assassinate missions to be crafted.

Farming Frost Prime and Mag Prime is actually less of a hassle since you can also get BPs for other weapons unlike farming Nekro w/c will not yield you any other benefits other than the warframe BP parts alone.

Farming Banshee is not really that big of a deal. Helmets, Chassis and Systems are fairly easy to get. My friend got everything in just under 30mins yesterday.

Getting Vauban has become fairly easy as well this past weeks, as we actually get lots of Vauban alerts.

BTW I have all the frames besides Nekro and I got them in a fairly challenging manner. I'm just disappointed on how DE decided to handle the new frame and tileset as of the moment.

Edit: spelling

Edited by mcryseria

then again, I haven't done either, so maybe the derelict missions will have a decent chance to drop several golem coords in one run. 

The Assassinate mission also drops the Nav Beacons needed for more Assassin missions.  If you run in groups, you actually will be able to completely bypass this whole "Grindception" perception.  We honestly figured out that after one good run (which was all it took us) to get the Boss Nav Beacons we can completely blow through the OP's steps 1-3.

Not that we want too, but it's there.

I'm now waiting for the inevitable "What am I supposed to do with all these Nav Beacons I don't use anymore?" threads.  Sigh.

TBH, NC is pretty much change the game from run from point A to point B or doing defense and giving regular mission more meaning. The fact that it only dropped from containers and lockers make it worthwhile to check every inch of the map.

However, it's just one of many ways that DE has been trying to prolong the life of the update. They did try the normal way like adding new star on the map and players blew through it within a few hours. They tried to add extreme RNG like Void keys and the reception wasn't particularly good.

I think the Derelict orokin ship is a good model since it provides a lot of thing we sorely lack.

1. Reasonable material sink.

2. Credit sink.

3. New place to add new mods without diluting an existing pool.

4. Rather accessible in term of difficulty, the AI level is around 30-40. Manageable even with newbies with strict nat problem. 

5. Artificially prolong the update lifespan from a few hours to a few days, at minimum.

As far as I can see, i already crafted two derelict keys within two hours of playing (on and off) and managed to get 4 Golem NC. If this is the mean drop rate, I am not complaining. However, know that it's based on RNG, there are bound to be people with completely opposite experience, especially rushers.