Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Certatus "Wrath of the Void"

ganjou234

Certatus ( fight, strive, battle, race, fray )

Certatus, a walking juggernaut of seemingly crude servo joints, cybernetic augmentation, heavy plate, and warframe flesh. The battle puppet is an amalgamation of crude grineer industrial grade machinery and warframe biotech. The Certatus utilizes the warframe's techno-organic components to maintain and repair the non-organic parts.

Stats

• Health: 150 (450 at rank 30)
  • Armor: 600
  • Shield: 100 (300 at rank 30)
  • Energy: 300 (900 at rank 30)
  • Sprint Speed: 0.89
  • Parkour Velocity Drop Off: -20%

Passive

Wrath of the Void (WOTV)

• Enemies damaged by focus skills/passives are marked (eg. Unairu - Void Spines) and regenerates Certatus' health when killed.
  • WOTV effects stack up to 20 stacks.
  • Regeneration is 20 + (10% of missing health) per 4s for 20 seconds (per stack).

Skills

Trample (Toggle Cost: 0, Channel Cost: 5/s, 1 handed 0 cast time)

• Gain 1.0 + 30% speed when sprinting. Affected by power strength.
  • When toggled on, enemies on-contact that are in front of Certatus are shoved aside and inflicted with a impact proc when jogging/walking/ADS and a blast proc when sprinting.
  • When active Certatus is Unstoppable and immune to CC from the front, can go through and cannot be blocked by enemies.
  • Trampled enemies permanently lose 20% armor when armored and damaged for 30% shields on-hit if shielded (or damaged for 15% health if unshielded and/or unarmored). Affected by power strength.
  • Each time trample is procced, Certatus loses 5% movement speed, up to 60% speed reduction for 1s. (Augment - Overdrive Servos: speed reduction debuff can be reduced by power strength, Trample's base channel cost increased by 100%).
  • Cannot be used while Lay Waste is active.

Palisade (Toggle Cost: 0, Channel Cost: 20/s, Cast Time: 2s) 

• If Certatus has shields, he gains 30% frontal damage mitigation and is immune to status effects. mitigation is Affected by power strength.
  • When shields reach 0, mitigation is lost after 1s.
  • Augment - Overload Feedback
    • When Palisade is active and Certatus' shields reach 0, nearby enemy's shields (within 5m) are depleted and cannot be recharged for 6 seconds,
    • Unshielded enemies are affected by an electric proc effect instead
    • Each enemy affected restores energy (# of affected enemy * 5% of missing energy)
  • mitigation timer and Augment recharge lock duration are Affected by ability duration.
  • Blocking transfers the mitigation cone to the rear.

Ground Breaker (Activation Cost: 35, Cast Time: 3s/0s when using Trample sprinting) 

• When casted normally, Certatus will be locked into a jumping smash animation.
  • attachment.php?attachmentid=408837
  • Certatus jumps and smashes down with both of his arms.
  • slamfloor.jpg
  • Enemies within 10m are damaged and stunned for 6s and opened to finishers for the duration. Affected by ability range.
    • Armored enemies are shredded, losing 15% armor and damaged for 15% health. Affected by power strength.
    • Unarmored enemies are damaged for 30% health. Affected by power strength.
  • Ground Breaker can be used while sprinting with Trample active.
  • G1OS.gif
    • Landing from a jump or a height will activate Ground Breaker (without the locked animation of normal casting).
    • Activation costs still apply per activation.
    • Effect range is halved. Damage and stun duration remain the same.

Lay Waste(Toggle Cost: 100, Channel Cost: 35/s, Cast Time: 2s) 

• Certatus grounds to a halt to bring his exalted weapons to bear. (Cast animation, 2s)
  • While active Certatus' movement is locked into a walk, but is still capable of other Parkour movements.
  • Cannot activate when Trample active.
  • Activation restores shields by 1% per 1 energy of the Toggle cost (100% at base consumption).
    • Going over 100% restoration grants overshields.
  • Wrath and Fury Arm Mounted Exalted Weapons
    • ADS is disable when Lay Waste is active, RMB now fires Fury instead.
  • latest?cb=20131005074942
    • WRATH (LMB) (Rifle Mods)
      • 50% Crit Chance
      • 3.0 Crit Damage Multiplier
      • 5 rounds/s
      • 5% Status Chance
      • unlimited magazine
      • 1.0m Punch Through
      • 150 Puncture
      • 150 Impact
      • 150 Slash
    • FURY (RMB) (Shotgun Mods)
      • 5% Crit Chance
      • 3.0 Crit Damage Multiplier
      • 10 rounds/s
      • 5 pellets/round
      • 50% Status Chance
      • 10 round magazine
      • 2.0s Reload
      • 100 Puncture
      • 100 Impact
      • 100 Slash

MY OLD WARFRAME CONCEPT :

Edited by ganjou234
  • Like 1

Interesting concept overall. If The Punisher became the Hulk lol. First off, base stats need to be adjusted. Armor, health and shield values are high but I guess not unfair for a tank frame. But that energy is... Way out there. With a maxed primed flow that's around 2500 energy capacity. I see that energy costs, especially for his 4th ability are high, but I think you could just as easily just lower his energy capacity and lower the costs of his abilities as needed. The passive is interesting, would need to see it in game to fully see how useful it would be. Regen numbers for his passive may need to be adjusted, I'm not sure.

Trample sounds cool as a concept. Really gives that juggernaut feeling. But I'm not sure how often players would really use it. I mean, when is the last time you actually had trouble getting past a group of enemies? We have some good movement systems as is, and enemies don't really block our movement other than maybe shockwave moas and the occasional lucky hit from a shield grineer. This ability would work better if Certatus had reduced parkour mobility, but that could lead to some issues with him being able to navigate maps with the rest of his squad. So I would say that this ability needs something else to make it useful beyond just being able to run through enemies. Maybe every enemy hit by it could release an AoE explosion?

Palisade sounds decent. Especially if his damage reduction applies to his shields, unlike armor which only covers health.

Ground Breaker sounds awfully similar to rhino's stomp to be honest, but IDK, it could be different enough.

Lay Waste sounds pretty good. I think it could be interesting though if the shotgun was moved to the RMB/Aim. So you lose on your aiming but gain this impressive firepower.

Overall, it's a solid start I'd say.

2 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Interesting concept overall. If The Punisher became the Hulk lol. First off, base stats need to be adjusted. Armor, health and shield values are high but I guess not unfair for a tank frame. But that energy is... Way out there. With a maxed primed flow that's around 2500 energy capacity. I see that energy costs, especially for his 4th ability are high, but I think you could just as easily just lower his energy capacity and lower the costs of his abilities as needed. The passive is interesting, would need to see it in game to fully see how useful it would be. Regen numbers for his passive may need to be adjusted, I'm not sure.

I have a couple of reasons as to why I gave him the largest Energy Pool in the game...

• He'll be channeling his 1st, 2nd, 4th, and his third skill can be activated by hopping/jumping while using Trample, all use up energy at the same time so he'll be chewing through that in no time.
  • The energy costs are insane and he's got lower Health and shields than the top tier tanks.
  • You'll want to have a lot of negative efficiency on him so that Lay Waste would restore more shields and provide overshields...which would increase the channeling costs of his 1, 2, and his 3 will have increased cost per activation...

• Activation restores shields by 1% per 1 energy of the Toggle cost (100% at base consumption).
      • Going over 100% restoration grants overshields.

• He's supposed to be capable to keep on running even at 1hp with Quick Thinking. We've got a Shield tank incoming, we have HP tank, but we dont have a real Energy Tank....

Regen numbers for his passive may need to be adjusted, I'm not sure.

Should it be nerfed or buffed?

I think it's pretty good....though I think I'll bump up the duration per stack.... from 8s -> 20s

He'll regenerate huge amounts of HP if he kills with his passive while on 1HP, since it's based on missing HP....

• 450 HP + (400%) Vitality = 1800HP
  • If missing HP = 1799, then 1 stack of his passive will heal for 20 + (1799 * 0.1) = 179/4 = 44.975 HP/s for 20s
  • At 5 stacks that's ~224HP/s. It will actually be lower since as soon as you have 1 stack the healing starts and the next stack will have a lesser healing/s than the 1st stack.

This allows him to thrive/excel vs hordes of trash mobs.

Trample sounds cool as a concept. Really gives that juggernaut feeling. But I'm not sure how often players would really use it. I mean, when is the last time you actually had trouble getting past a group of enemies? We have some good movement systems as is, and enemies don't really block our movement other than maybe shockwave moas and the occasional lucky hit from a shield grineer.

It's my response to the CC spam in Orb Vallis LMAO.

This ability would work better if Certatus had reduced parkour mobility, but that could lead to some issues with him being able to navigate maps with the rest of his squad. So I would say that this ability needs something else to make it useful beyond just being able to run through enemies. Maybe every enemy hit by it could release an AoE explosion?

It does say in the description. It does CC to enemies depending on your current mode of movement. Wherein if you ADS/walk/jog you will stagger enemies on contact (through the impact proc) and if you are running enemies that contact you will get a knockdown (blast proc).

• When toggled on, enemies on-contact that are in front of Certatus are shoved aside and inflicted with a impact proc when jogging/walking/ADS and a blast proc when sprinting.

It also shreds armor and damages health...

• Trampled enemies permanently lose 20% armor when armored and damaged for 30% shields on-hit if shielded (or damaged for 15% health if unshielded/unarmored). Affected by power strength.

It has a draw back of slowing down if going through too many enemies....

• Each time trample is procced, Certatus loses 5% movement speed, up to 60% speed reduction for 3s. (Augment - Overdrive Servos: speed reduction debuff can be reduced by power strength, Trample's base channel cost increased by 100%).

Which is why I added synergy with Ground Breaker

Ground Breaker sounds awfully similar to rhino's stomp to be honest, but IDK, it could be different enough. 

It does take some inspiration from Rhino's Stomp, except it's has a smaller AOE, especially when it's used with Trample (50% range reduction).

In contrast to the time-stop of Rhino, Ground Break opens enemies to ally finishers...

Lay Waste sounds pretty good. I think it could be interesting though if the shotgun was moved to the RMB/Aim. So you lose on your aiming but gain this impressive firepower.

I was conflicted on this actually...I had thought of it.....Maybe people would be bothered by having no ADS....

Thanks for the feedback. 🙂

Edited by ganjou234

23 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

I have a couple of reasons as to why I gave him the largest Energy Pool in the game...

• He'll be channeling his 1st, 2nd, 4th, and his third skill can be activated by hopping/jumping while using Trample, all use up energy at the same time so he'll be chewing through that in no time.
  • The energy costs are insane and he's got lower Health and shields than the top tier tanks.
  • You'll want to have a lot of negative efficiency on him so that Lay Waste would restore more shields and provide overshields...which would increase the channeling costs of his 1, 2, and his 3 will have increased cost per activation...
    •  
  • He's supposed to be capable to keep on running even at 1hp with Quick Thinking. We've got a Shield tank incoming, we have HP tank, but we dont have a real Energy Tank....

Should it be nerfed or buffed?

I think it's pretty good....though I think I'll bump up the duration per stack.... from 8s -> 20s

He'll regenerate huge amounts of HP if he kills with his passive while on 1HP, since it's based on missing HP....

• 450 HP + (400%) Vitality = 1800HP
  • If missing HP = 1799, then 1 stack of his passive will heal for 20 + (1799 * 0.1) = 179/4 = 44.975 HP/s for 20s
  • At 5 stacks that's ~224HP/s. It will actually be lower since as soon as you have 1 stack the healing starts and the next stack will have a lesser healing/s than the 1st stack.

This allows him to thrive/excel vs hordes of trash mobs.

It's my response to the CC spam in Orb Vallis LMAO.

It does say in the description. It does CC to enemies depending on your current mode of movement. Wherein if you ADS/walk/jog you will stagger enemies on contact (through the impact proc) and if you are running enemies that contact you will get a knockdown (blast proc).

It also shreds armor and damages health...

It has a draw back of slowing down if going through too many enemies....

Which is why I added synergy with Ground Breaker

It does take some inspiration from Rhino's Stomp, except it's has a smaller AOE, especially when it's used with Trample (50% range reduction).

In contrast to the time-stop of Rhino, Ground Break opens enemies to ally finishers...

I was conflicted on this actually...I had thought of it.....Maybe people would be bothered by having no ADS....

Thanks for the feedback. 🙂

So, how are you picturing people sustaining his energy pool? We don't really have anything that restores a percent of your energy pool, it's just low flat amounts (25 per orb for instance). So filling that massive energy pool is going to be a huge pain. Especially since the majority of his kit is channeled abilities, meaning energy Regen from zenurik or Trinity won't work either.

Trample reducing your mobility is a consequence of using it, not a reason for it. What I was saying was, why should we use an ability like this when we have far more effective means of getting past the enemy with parkour? And I see that it has armor/shield stripping but having to run face-first into enemies, draining energy and slowing your movement, doesn't seem worth it when we have a multitude of other abilities in the game that can do it more efficiently and from a long range.

If the focus of his 4th is on rampant bullet spray for high damage output, then I don't think people would really care about aiming. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

Hopefully none of this comes across as attacking your work or anything, I just really try to critically think "would players want to use this ability?"

30 minutes ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

So, how are you picturing people sustaining his energy pool? We don't really have anything that restores a percent of your energy pool, it's just low flat amounts (25 per orb for instance). So filling that massive energy pool is going to be a huge pain. Especially since the majority of his kit is channeled abilities, meaning energy Regen from zenurik or Trinity won't work either.

Trample reducing your mobility is a consequence of using it, not a reason for it. What I was saying was, why should we use an ability like this when we have far more effective means of getting past the enemy with parkour? And I see that it has armor/shield stripping but having to run face-first into enemies, draining energy and slowing your movement, doesn't seem worth it when we have a multitude of other abilities in the game that can do it more efficiently and from a long range.

If the focus of his 4th is on rampant bullet spray for high damage output, then I don't think people would really care about aiming. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

Hopefully none of this comes across as attacking your work or anything, I just really try to critically think "would players want to use this ability?"

This is the best piece of criticism, I have ever seen anywhere. I have seen many. And you are very right, in fact, when I looked at his stats I was expecting to see his speed to as we all know, most juggernauts except the one from COD Ghosts are very slow and have mobility as their drawback. I am really eager tom see what the OG has to say about this. And I cannot agree more with energy supplies, he himself doesn't have a way of sustaining that energy pool and so, once it has been used to its fullest capacity, the person controlling Certatus would have nothing more to offer. By the way, I really like Certatus but I also want answers.

9 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

There's already a couple of ways to do this, though I agree that he'll probably need a bit more avenues when it comes to restoring energy...

At 1800 HP with a maxed Vitality, Certatus has a huge health pool to use Rage and/or Hunter Adrenaline, while there are also many ways of restoring health (such as his passive). Trinity can simply mod for a Bless build to help Certatus sustain both health and energy.

Alternatively, just leave his energy unmodded. By leaving his energy unmodded you'll have spare slots to mod for more things like the augments, health mods, etc.

I'll be adding ways of restoring his energy through an Augment....

• Augment - Overload Feedback
    • When Palisade is active and Certatus' shields reach 0, nearby enemy's shields (within 5m) are depleted and cannot be recharged for 6 seconds,
    • Unshielded enemies are affected by an electric proc effect instead
    • Each enemy affected restores energy (# of affected enemy * 5% of missing energy)

This should help him out....

Trample reducing your mobility is a consequence of using it, not a reason for it.

I see your point here...

I've added the sprint speed stat and a parkour velocity drop off (his parkour movements are the same speed as any frame, but slow down faster).

I've also added a flat bonus in addition to the % based sprint speed buff to trample.

Gain 30% speed when sprinting. Affected by power strength. ->  Gain 1.0 + 30% speed when sprinting. Affected by power strength.

This will go on top of his base sprint speed.

And I see that it has armor/shield stripping but having to run face-first into enemies, draining energy and slowing your movement, doesn't seem worth it when we have a multitude of other abilities in the game that can do it more efficiently and from a long range.

It does CC, shreds armor, and allows for Ground Breaker to be done on the move. The slow effect also only starts out at 5%, is limited to 60%, and only lasts for 1 second. Slamming into 5 enemies in under a second would just reduce his speed by 25%. Calculations would be after applying the bonus sprint speed mods and speed buffs.

• x = Base Speed,
  • y = speed mods,
  • Trample = z = (1.0 + (Base Speed * 0.3)
  • Stack of speed debuff = D
  • ((x + (x * y)) + z) = Total Speed
  • D = 0.05 * # of enemies

If you have Rush mod and Trample on, the calculation would look like this at collision with 5 enemies...

• ((0.89 + (0.89 * 0.3)) + (1 + (0.89 * 0.3)) = 2.424
  • Sprint Speed w/o collision = 2.424
  • D = 0.05 * 5 = 0.25
  • (2.424) - (2.424 * 0.25)
  • (2.424) - (0.614)
  • Sprint Speed after collision = 1.81
  •  - 0.614 for 1s

EDIT : The speed debuff is actually 1.917 at 5 stacks....that's a bit too large.......I'll be fiddling around with the numbers a bit more...

EDIT 2 : I've decided to keep the 5% per enemy collided, but reduce the debuff duration to 1 s. He shouldn't be slowed too much when colliding with lone enemies, but colliding with too many too fast should slow a lot but only briefly...

EDIT3 : Made a couple of calculation mistakes.....it seems that the debuff is fair enough....

There are benefits to slowing down btw, it's like slowing down while drifting, it helps control Certatus if he's going too fast.

I agree. I've switched the control for Fury to RMB.

Edited by ganjou234