Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carna: The Bloodsucking Pistol

StarMoral

warframe__carna__the_bloodsucking_pistol

So Tenno, looks like you've harnessed another Infested creature as a weapon. Barbaric, if you ask me, but those squishy demons need a hunter like you to put them in their place. (Just be sure to wash your hands afterwards.)

Hmm, that seems to look like a Carna, an old petrified organ (of mysterious origin) that got hit with the Infected treatment and grew some pretty gnarly tendrils and.. bones and... Ugh... This thing is nasty, man. Reminds me of a gross (or gross-er) looking Hema. Maybe they're related?

It looks like it can be used as a pistol, which is great since you don't need ammo for this thing! The tendrils seem to shoot out either in quick succession or in one big burst, stabbing its prey, and retracting said tendrils to heal itself... maybe even whoever holds it. (I sure as hell ain't testin' that theory.)

I've seen a few have extra tendrils, but it looks like they were made from ammo casings. From my testing, it seems to take a single bullet from any Pistol ammo pickup and mutate the rest into other ammo types. Looks like these little guys can hold up to 10 tendrils before they get full. (Do the infested even have stomachs?) 

Blech, I can't deal with this thing no more, Tenno. Go and play with it or somethin. It might be useful on your journey.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gamerovertron said:

Man i hope this is added but i would recommend adding it's stats so DE has a higher chance of adding it because then they wont need to go through the trouble of deciding new stats other than that this would be an awesome weapon ingame

The stats are actually in the image itself. Majority Puncture damage, a little slash, no impact, and Toxin damage, built completely 50/50 with crit and stat. 

Looks really good, well done! The only critique I have is perhaps changing the colour scheme- while in terms of shape language and geometry it's great, the colours don't quite strike me as Infested. It's not that Infested can't have browned/peachy skin or cyan energy, but I think it would be worthwhile to explore the base colour scheme with a few different setups, yknow?

In the end though, player expression trumps all and will render the weapon's colours irrelevant.

+1 from me.