Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Assuming Everybody Craving For Speed Is A Rusher

British

It has been that way before, and for obvious reasons it's getting worse today: it's always about the same stupid misconception...

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP ASSUMING THAT EVERYBODY THAT WANTS TO GO FAST JUST WANTS TO RUSH ?!

That's seriously annoying.

I, for one, play fast frames because, you know, I like to be fast.

While full-rank Rush is in 80% of my frames, full-rank Quick Rest is in every single one of them...

Yet, I usually spend at least 30 minutes on my missions, going to every corner of the map, getting the jump on enemies, breezing through obstacles, finding the secret rooms...

I know it's probably a bit useless, doesn't give rewards as much as a good old fashioned rush or whatever, but that's how I like to play: being fast (hopefully steadily), not rushing.

It's unlikely I'm the only one that likes to play this way, so yes, for our sake:

- If you hate rushers: that's your right, but that doesn't mean every single Tenno has to spit their lungs every few steps just to make you feel that "justice has been served". In the end, rushers will still go straight to the end of the mission, no matter what, and if anything, this stamina change may even create more rushers out of people that don't want to waste so much time on a mission.

- If you are a rusher: good for you... yet, instead of issuing "deal with it !" for every critic you get, it would be nice for you to maybe try to educate people about what makes you a rusher (efficiency/time optimization/boredom/whatever), how it is some kind of philosophy to you, and thus how being able to go fast (once again: in a consistent fashion) is only a means to an end... a means shared among Tenno equally.

PS: In case things still need to be made clear: I don't do rushing, I don't like it, and I'm not fond of rushers.

I don't insult them or spit on them, though, as it's their way of enjoying the game.

I'm merely waiting/hoping for DE to offer us a tool to choose the kind of gameplay we want to indulge in.

PPS: For the nitpickers and trolls around: yes we all know the actual speed of frames has not (yet ?) been tampered with, no need to go on and on about it again.

Keep in mind that stamina (be it before or after Update 10) *does* hinder speed (for distances longer than one depletion of a stamina bar), and I don't think there's that many people that want to get rid of stamina altogether to be able to run/melee unabashedly for hours without end...

(Un ?)fortunately, we're dealing with (Digital) extremes here.

I know how you feel.... I actually liked using the S2 alternate helmets because of the extra stamina. 

The thing is, this stamina change isn't going to deter rushing....  It's actually going to make the issue much, much worse.  Now rushers will just load up on stamina mods (there's almost always something you can take out if you're farming bosses or such).  And then, once again, they'll leave normal players in the dust. 

*Sigh*  DE, why must you routinely make such terrible decisions?  Didn't you learn ANYTHING from the last time you tried to eliminate rushing?  You're not fixing the problem; you're just ******* your customers off.  

Let's make a Rusher Rhino

Vanguard Helm

All 4 Rhino skills.

Energy Siphon

1) Marathon D polarity

2) Quick Rest D polarity

3) Continuity (Rhino charge range)

4) Streamline

5) Flow

6) Stretch

64/65 mod points.

You can get this baby on an UN-FORMAED Rhino.

Now press 2 to Iron skin.

Run like the wind.

Press 1 if u got the energy to burn !

Rusher = Enjoying the movement aspects of the game, which were one of the main reasons you ever/ still played.

I take it you didn't read/misunderstood the OP: I enjoyed the movement aspects of the game, but I'm not a rusher.

A rusher quickly goes to point A (the objective of the mission), then to point B (the extraction).

I go quickly to point A (an enemy, a container, a locker, a secret room), to point B (an enemy, a container, a locker, a secret room), to point C (an enemy, a container, a locker, a secret room), to point D (an enemy, a container, a locker, a secret room), to [...], and when everything has finally been cleaned up, to point Z (the extraction).

The whole point of the OP is to try to make people understand the "rusher" term is abusively overused (be it in a positive or negative manner)...

Let's make a Rusher Rhino

Vanguard Helm

All 4 Rhino skills.

Energy Siphon

1) Marathon D polarity

2) Quick Rest D polarity

3) Continuity (Rhino charge range)

4) Streamline

5) Flow

6) Stretch

64/65 mod points.

You can get this baby on an UN-FORMAED Rhino.

Now press 2 to Iron skin.

Run like the wind.

Press 1 if u got the energy to burn !

You tested it ? I assume not, but i did maxxed quick rest and maxxed Marathon also my Rhino has polarised slot for Sprint. Its still the same S#&$ you can run.....but u cant use melee attacks even with both skills maxxed if you run AND use melee you run out of stamina.

Edited by Tearchen