Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas needs a little bit of polish

Disgruntlefairy

I love Atlas but I think he could use some polish to be a real gem.

As I see it there are three areas of problem with Atlas.

1) Landslide is a great ability but it is in part based of your melee mods. Meaning for the best outcomes for this ability you need a specially built stat stick. That stat stick is almost unusable as a melee weapon. That isn’t very fun at all.

There are several possible answers to this problem.

You could retool Landslide to scale off power strength alone. That seems not a great answer but it could work.

You could turn Landslide into an exalted ability. That is a good answer to the problem.

Or you could add more melee mods to have an effect on Landslide. That would allow you could enjoy a full build on both Landslide and your melee weapon. Now you would have a powerful Landslide and a usable melee weapon. This would be an interesting answer but a bit of a departure from the past. Some tinkering with the stats of Landslide maybe required.

2) Tectonics its not a great ability, its situational at best.

To improve it we could make its barrier bigger and allow you to have multiple barriers. I think three barriers would be sufficient and make the ability much more useful.

Second option remove this ability entirely and replace it with a team support ability. Atlas really doesn’t have any abilities that support other players so that would be a welcome addition.

3) Rubble is a great addition to Atlas but it decays a little fast.

I understand your concern about extra armor being over powered but 3, 3.5, or 4 points of decay per second is plenty and should keep this ability from being over powered. (The wiki says it decays currently at 5 points per second.)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Disgruntlefairy said:

1) Landslide is a great ability but it is in part based of your melee mods. Meaning for the best outcomes for this ability you need a specially built stat stick. That stat stick is almost unusable as a melee weapon. That isn’t very fun at all.

There are several possible answers to this problem.

You could retool Landslide to scale off power strength alone. That seems not a great answer but it could work.

You could turn Landslide into an exalted ability. That is a good answer to the problem.

Or you could add more melee mods to have an effect on Landslide. That would allow you could enjoy a full build on both Landslide and your melee weapon. Now you would have a powerful Landslide and a usable melee weapon. This would be an interesting answer but a bit of a departure from the past. Some tinkering with the stats of Landslide maybe required.

You could make Landslide into some sort of Exalted weapon, but it's somewhat leaving out Rumblers in how they could be improved in terms of their damage too. So you could instead have an 'Exalted Rocks' which can affect both abilities and show both of the stats of them in order to show where you technically improve them. Also Atlas is somewhat meant to be a crit-based Frame since his Landslide doesn't really benefit from Status effects so technically you could alter Landslide to consider them, but then you would probably have to reduce the effectiveness (and probably their duration) due to how it's being applied from a fully invincible move with all sorts of other benefits.

2) Tectonics its not a great ability, its situational at best.

To improve it we could make its barrier bigger and allow you to have multiple barriers. I think three barriers would be sufficient and make the ability much more useful.

Second option remove this ability entirely and replace it with a team support ability. Atlas really doesn’t have any abilities that support other players so that would be a welcome addition.

Well, that's sort of the point of Tectonics, to use it in specific situations. I can agree on making the Wall bigger, but the idea of multiple ones is already covered by the augment. Also, Atlas isn't exactly meant to be a team player, sure if he has the title of a 'tank' so you would expect that but he's mostly a tank in the sense of how much damage he can eventually neglect. I guess a way he could contribute and help the team is by making his Rubble drops count as basic health orbs for other players (although I don't know how Equilibrium would work around that but whatever). I just don't really like the idea of removing an ability, it seems unnecessary unless the ability is literally pointless, which Tectonics isn't.

3) Rubble is a great addition to Atlas but it decays a little fast.

I understand your concern about extra armor being over powered but 3, 3.5, or 4 points of decay per second is plenty and should keep this ability from being over powered. (The wiki says it decays currently at 5 points per second.)

Totally agree, the decay should really be reduced substantially because the current ratio is unfavorable.