Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus and Aura slots, swapping polarities

crabjitsu

Why can't we swap the polarity of our frames' aura and exilus slots with polarities from the "bottom 8" slots?

An example...

My Nekros Prime has a V polarity in the bottom 8 slots that I don't need. It has no polarity in the exilus slot.  I have already polarized it once to get a dash in the aura for corrosive projection. I want to move the V polarity to the exilus and forma that slot to a dash.  But as it stands now in order to accomplish this I would have to invest 2 forma on top of the 1 I've already put in to polarize the aura slot.  1 to polarize the exilus to a V and another to polarize the bottom V to a dash.  It would be so much simpler to just swap the polarity free exilus with the V slot in the bottom and then only invest 1 more forma for a dash.

So I ask again...why can't we swap polarities of exilus and aura mod slots if we've already formad a frame once?

Anyone else want this added?

The polarity swap is, I'm assuming, supposed to be for polarities that you add with Forma. Baked in polarities are ignored, but the Aura polarity would be seen as a "free" polarity to take advantage of and Exilus is seen as separate from the other mods.

Given Aura polarity swap was removed, I would see that as intentional and not coming back. I wouldn't count on Exilus polarity swapping either.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The polarity swap is, I'm assuming, supposed to be for polarities that you add with Forma. Baked in polarities are ignored, but the Aura polarity would be seen as a "free" polarity to take advantage of and Exilus is seen as separate from the other mods.

Given Aura polarity swap was removed, I would see that as intentional and not coming back. I wouldn't count on Exilus polarity swapping either.

baked in polarities can be swapped freely though...so long as you have already formad the frame once

41 minutes ago, crabjitsu said:

baked in polarities can be swapped freely though...so long as you have already formad the frame once

Baked in polarities are in the main bit, though. Like I said, they are easily ignored if you're looking at the system, as they are seen as a bonus for that weapon to have an extra polarity.