Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customizable UI/HUD should be cool

Scarletwing

I love the idea of DE pay attention on login screen to have customizable theme, icon and color.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

But what about In-game HUD. more specially, In-mission HUD.

I found there are some HUD suggestion in forum, but my point is make HUD has more freedom rather than decide a single universal HUD.

image.png

I wish to have something like this or "wow hud customization". That allow player to remap the entire HUD to their favor.

For new players I met or I invited. More than half of them usually ask me. "CAN I ADJUST MY UI?" It's kind of painful to tell them the true.

image.png

"Yea...you can scale them...."

Kind of long story after that, but you get the point. 

How many times you didn't notice you HP dropped to 0 on the top right corner during what ever you do in mission. And for newcomers who do not familiar with, this is much painful than just lessons. 

Specially, our screen is getting wider and wider.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-3.gif

When use wide screen, the location of health bar takes away the tension and focus on battlefield.

For warframe it maybe impossible to merge environmental atmosphere and HUD together, due to Warframe is a team co-op game. But we should learn that play in high speed gameplay all the focus is around the centre of screen.

image.png

Aside from adjustable HUD/UI or gameplay focus point.

I really wish there are something like login screen had. Different icons and decorative borders on HUD design. 

It's kind of funny that DE put monetization on login screen design which for most player who only spent 1% of their entire play time. But not in-mission changeable UI for monetization.

I personally will pay some credits for in-mission HUD to look better, rather then that login screen which I don't really see the most of time during gameplay.

There are some good icon and design for login screen, it's a shame that beauty does not carry over into mission which most play spent time on....

image.png

For some of HUD/UI related subject. The overlay map may still work in old faction random generated maps, but its clearly very outdated when players on openfield.   

I know there is long press map to slightly address this issue. But once in cave......

For conclusion, DE could you give some love to ingame HUD, please?

Edited by Scarletwing
  • Like 1

Considering we already have custom UI and Themes, they might do something similar to tennogen. I won't really like that though since tenno gen is only obtainable through using real currency. So i'm actually just fine with the current UI/HUD but let me just address what I think about the P.O.E. HUD/UI

4 hours ago, Scarletwing said:

image.png

For some of HUD/UI related subject. The overlay map may still work in old faction random generated maps, but its clearly very outdated when players on openfield.   

I know there is long press map to slightly address this issue. But once in cave......

For conclusion, DE could you give some love to ingame HUD, please?

I'm actually fine with this since it can help you find caches inside the cave and help you make your way outside the cave. I don't really have a problem with this but I really want
to be able to replace the "long press" to open up the advanced to just double tapping M.

2 hours ago, xMdb said:

Considering we already have custom UI and Themes, they might do something similar to tennogen. I won't really like that though since tenno gen is only obtainable through using real currency. So i'm actually just fine with the current UI/HUD but let me just address what I think about the P.O.E. HUD/UI

I'm actually fine with this since it can help you find caches inside the cave and help you make your way outside the cave. I don't really have a problem with this but I really want
to be able to replace the "long press" to open up the advanced to just double tapping M.

But when you want to catch some fish, then..... you know there is not cycle on that map. Which is my point.

I didn't mean its bad completely, I do feel its just okay, but with new mechanism and gameplay features updated. The function of map just feel kind of outdated. :( 

Edited by Scarletwing