Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fractyr

I'd be fine with making Atmo Arch-Melee a thing, as long as it doesn't render regular melee obsolete. the way I would suggest it is like this:

- you can only have your Archgun OR Arch-Melee, not both. while Archgun would be used for things like profit taker, Arch-Melee would be more useful for large amounts of regular mobs, with attacks that sweep a wide area. alternatively, it could be made so that Arch-Melee has a finite number of hits before it can no longer be used.

- these attacks would be extremely powerful, but offset by a slow speed. think Great Sword in MHW, that's the kind of Melee I'd like: focused on a single, massively powerful strike with a wind up.

I reckon this way might work, it's just I know that people will gladly carry around their largest weapons without consequence, which would be bad for regular melee, especially with Melee 3.0 on the horizon. if anyone else can think of a way to balance atmo Arch-Melee effectively, then go for it!

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'd be fine with making Atmo Arch-Melee a thing, as long as it doesn't render regular melee obsolete. the way I would suggest it is like this:

- you can only have your Archgun OR Arch-Melee, not both. while Archgun would be used for things like profit taker, Arch-Melee would be more useful for large amounts of regular mobs, with attacks that sweep a wide area. alternatively, it could be made so that Arch-Melee has a finite number of hits before it can no longer be used.

- these attacks would be extremely powerful, but offset by a slow speed. think Great Sword in MHW, that's the kind of Melee I'd like: focused on a single, massively powerful strike with a wind up.

I reckon this way might work, it's just I know that people will gladly carry around their largest weapons without consequence, which would be bad for regular melee, especially with Melee 3.0 on the horizon. if anyone else can think of a way to balance atmo Arch-Melee effectively, then go for it!

Yea no, that won't do in this game, you'd die during the wind-up with anything that's not a tank. Not to mention, it wouldn't be worth using over any normal Heavy Blade.

I'd rather they are relatively fast and powerful with good range, but can only be used for a limited time before they overheat and force you to swap back to normal weapons. This way they can work with the current 'Cooldown based on Ammo' system that Arch-Guns use.

Edited by TheRealShade