Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Sure Why Everyone's So Upset With The Golem Set Up...

Zakalwe

I've heard people claim they get 5-6 nav coordinate drops per run in M Prime, and that it's super easy to farm them. This hasn't been my experience though. The most I've seen on any run is 2, and I've had several with absolutely none. My friends have had similar results.

Getting 2 drops per normal run and even 10 drops per derelict run is still going to bring the entire process in at around 60-80 hours of total time, with at least a third of that being runs. Why aren't more people concerned that a company asks for over an entire work week of effort from them for a virtual class in a video game?

Tens of hours of time you can never get back have value, even if it's not in dollar bills. Companies often don't care, but it really worries me that the people themselves are starting to forget.

This is a free to play game, if devs release everything like a normal game, then there wouldn't be a reason for anyone to buy the in game currency. There has to be hoops for players to jump through to entice the buying of said currency.

Me and my co-worker plays the game differently, he buys a lot platinums and I don't. His reason is that his time is worth more than the farming. If you think your time is worth more then skip ahead and buy the in game currency. If you like the wait and farm like me, then grind it out.

The problem here is that we have:

-to farm navs to wait for keys to be build;

-to use those keys to farm golem navs to wait for golem keys to be build;

-to use golem keys to farm a mob to hope that it will drop the right BPs.

It's not even the farming the problem, it's that the process is over the top.

And frankly, all this matrioshka BS for a frame among 15 ?

I am myself a completist and I find it excessive, so what must think people who wanted this frame because they have a liking to it ?

If the reward was a special case, like a prime version of a frame with really outstanding stats (with the original one as component and with potatoe transfered from original to new one, to avoid an outcry), then I would understand, but frankly compared to what is aside the reward seems lukewarm, at best.

This is a free to play game, if devs release everything like a normal game, then there wouldn't be a reason for anyone to buy the in game currency. There has to be hoops for players to jump through to entice the buying of said currency.

Me and my co-worker plays the game differently, he buys a lot platinums and I don't. His reason is that his time is worth more than the farming. If you think your time is worth more then skip ahead and buy the in game currency. If you like the wait and farm like me, then grind it out.

I just like to play the game. I enjoy the combat. I enjoy trying a bunch of different frames and weapons. I switch frames, weapons, mods, maps, mission types, and whatever else all the time.

I pay when I can, but I just cannot justify spending $25 for a warframe. I think their frame prices are insane. However even at that price, it'd still be smarter time:money wise for people who can and want to afford to do buy it if the unlock time is five hours. Their time is literally better spent at work then. Five hours is enough to make a reasonable person who isn't strapped for cash decide that a $25 purchase is more worthwhile than the grind. So why, why do they always overshoot into tens of hours?

Your unlock time does not need to be an entire work week of time to justify money spending for the people who can actually spend it to begin with. You're making things hard on people with no money, or no disposable money for absolutely no real gain.

Took me 9 hours to get all parts for Nekro, and that includes a break of 3 while I waited for my first golem key to build.

Then I simply went to recruit, asked for 3 others with keys to share, found 3 guys, and we staggered our use and build times. 

Did 6 runs in a row, got all parts.

For me, the extra few steps is balanced by the guarantee of a BP every time.

And the steps take next to no time, really.

Plus I actually enjoyed each instance, it didn't feel like grinding the same boring boss over and over. 

Just relaying my experience, I understand it'll be more frustrating than that for some. Just know that if you find 3 others who want to go for it it does take a lot of the grind out. Not saying this fixes anything DE have done, but it worked for me.

It's not even the farming the problem, it's that the process is over the top.

You think the process is over the top? Think again. Aren't playing different weapons and frames to get up to certain ranks like 6 or 7 to unlock dojo's weapons a long process. If you didn't complain about it, why now?

I was expecting J3-2000 to be a remake/replacement of J3-Golem, not a new boss entirely, found in a tileset that's a little annoying to get to.

It's funny how in the livestream they said Jupiter was getting replaced by the Corpus Gas Giant level set and everyone wrote it off as a mistake. oldGolem is getting replaced, but by Alad V not Golem-2000.

I generally like the changes so far. The stamina system needs some work, but it'll get there. The Derelict set is just another void set, but its fun and I enjoy it. But there is a tendency towards the "now we 'ave da player base, lets put da squeeze on them!" as I feared it would get to. The grind becomes harder and the paying becomes easyer. Dont get me wrong: I'll pay for something (Im not a total freerunner), but the pricing is too extreme and its seems to me that the devs pushes more towards "pay or leave" than "lets listen and adjust the prices". I would hate to see this game go the same way as WoT and other good ideas, where money becomes the overshadowing factor. Just my thoughts ;)

You think the process is over the top? Think again. Aren't playing different weapons and frames to get up to certain ranks like 6 or 7 to unlock dojo's weapons a long process. If you didn't complain about it, why now?

Because they were not the same weapon again and again, I liked to level things like the dual ether, or realize how much the latron is ammo efficient, or to see for myself the difference between the lex and the seer, or how much the grak sucked prior new buff, or that I still prefered my boltor to the gorgon even against infested.

It was fun because I got to see the different weapons and how they function for myself.

Now people advise to farm shiny balls by running one of the easiest level only to break crates.

Such an exciting ninja game...

Hayden, trust me man, get three others to work with you and it happens very quickly.

You keep saying this but every player in the squad has to wait at least 1 hr then 3 hrs. It's not guaranteed that the group will stay together within that time period or that your group members will all have the time to do a 4 hr craft grind for 4 runs at J2. So you will probably need a somewhat dedicated group with a working schedule  which is generally not accessible to most players. Sure it takes 3 hrs after the initial craft to get each group set of boss keys, but that's still a lot of time leading up to a boss, not to mention the material costs building up.

The amount of mission runs is an improvement on the old boss runs but DE decided to replace bad RNG with crafting time. Both unappealing with the latter giving you 100%? drops...

Edited by Stygi

OK let me explain this to you.SLOWLY.

VIDEO.   GAMES. ARE. MADE. TO. HAVE. FUN.

Doing the same repetitive CRAP with NO CHALLENGE at all IS NOT fun.

This is not a PVP F2P game where you just play away and as you get more skilled at the game you also acquire points and buy new stuff.

Right now this is a POINT and CLICK adventure.Few weapons have recoil and spread in this game, enemies are as smart as rocks and the only way you can lose if higher level is either by soloing the FEW high level missions (and even then chances you will actually fail are SLIM at best) OR going CO OP mission defense until mobs have too much health and are too numerous to KILL.

Also I'd like to take this chance to address all those who bought Nekro with plat: OF COURSE YOU DON'T give a F about having to farm for derelict missions.But HEY who cares bout them f2p peasants right?You already have what you want from plat.

OK let me explain this to you.SLOWLY.

VIDEO.   GAMES. ARE. MADE. TO. HAVE. FUN.

Doing the same repetitive CRAP with NO CHALLENGE at all IS NOT fun.

This is not a PVP F2P game where you just play away and as you get more skilled at the game you also acquire points and buy new stuff.

Right now this is a POINT and CLICK adventure.Few weapons have recoil and spread in this game, enemies are as smart as rocks and the only way you can lose if higher level is either by soloing the FEW high level missions (and even then chances you will actually fail are SLIM at best) OR going CO OP mission defense until mobs have too much health and are too numerous to KILL.

Also I'd like to take this chance to address all those who bought Nekro with plat: OF COURSE YOU DON'T give a F about having to farm for derelict missions.But HEY who cares bout them f2p peasants right?You already have what you want from plat.

Let me explain something to you, also:

Fun. Is. Subjective.

There's no real challenge to it, but it's fun exploring the new areas with a 3 friends. And as I got all Nekro parts in 6 hours of gameplay time, it didn't have a chance to become repetitious the point of grind. Not bad, when you consider it can take much longer to find many of the frames already in game.

You keep saying this but every player in the squad has to wait at least 1 hr then 3 hrs. It's not guaranteed that the group will stay together within that time period or that your group members will all have the time to do a 4 hr craft grind for 4 runs at J2. So you will probably need a somewhat dedicated group with a working schedule  which is generally not accessible to most players. Sure it takes 3 hrs after the initial craft to get each group set of boss keys, but that's still a lot of time leading up to a boss, not to mention the material costs building up.

The amount of mission runs is an improvement on the old boss runs but DE decided to replace bad RNG with crafting time. Both unappealing with the latter giving you 100%? drops...

I didn't stay with the same exact group the entire time, but I made sure I networked with enough people and made a note of who had what key on what timer that I new exactly when I could get another run.

Worked out fine, I'll have all the parts built in 10 hours time.

Edited by Zakalwe

Let me explain something to you, also:

Fun. Is. Subjective.

There's no real challenge to it, but it's fun exploring the new areas with a 3 friends. And as I got all Nekro parts in 6 hours of gameplay time, it didn't have a chance to become repetitious the point of grind. Not bad, when you consider it can take much longer to find many of the frames already in game.

I didn't stay with the same exact group the entire time, but I made sure I networked with enough people and made a note of who had what key on what timer that I new exactly when I could get another run.

Worked out fine, I'll have all the parts built in 10 hours time.

This ain't Dora the explorer-video game edition.....

Whoopie you explore the new tilesets THEN what?There's a limited number of different derelict tile sets and when you learn those what then?You just go instantly to where you know that the loot is at.While I also like the new tile set....xept for the fact that they ALWAYS CRASH MY GAME, thats pretty much the truth.Fun to explore at first, lame later.

The game is about shooting things AND being shot at thus there should also be a chance of failing the mission objective.

Right now there's no need for tactics or thinking or skill of ANY kind.Thus there is no kind of mental stimulation which in turn makes the game a huge, mindless GRIND.

So unless you find....I don't know....breaking rocks with a pickaxe for no purpose, fun, they should:

A)Improve the game and SOMEHOW make it so that mobs will actually be dangerous, smarter and more FUN to fight.

B)Reduce the GRIIIIIIND.

Not that option A will make it any more FAIR for free to play players since getting Nekro is still bullS#&$.

Lets see now.I don't wanna "co op" unless I host because most if not all hosts I encounter have bloody dial-up internet thus it would be pointless for me to play co op in the first place unless I wanna give someone a free ride.I don't have friends that play this game because all my gamer friends are even less patient than me and have had it with the lame &#! grind by the time they got their second frame.

Also you probably had luck with the RNG gods.

Also why should the new frame be so hard to get compared to all the others?

Edited by Cabadath5