The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphics Glitch and Game Crash

MacInTerry

Hi DE,

I have encountered this interesting glitch in game:

IMG_20190227_211543810.jpg

Unfortunately, I've had to grab a screen cap using my phone as the print screen doesn't appear to be working in Warframe (it's just showing whatever is on my desktop, not in game).

Those graphic glitches throughout the entire screen are not an artefact of the camera, it's observed in game. The doors in the lander and completely glitched out, the pipes above are white and glitched and the operators chair in the lander's back room is artefacted with the same glitches seen the pipes.

Additionally, the game crashes when in borderless fullscreen mode after a random amount of time. Since switching from borderless fullscreen the game hasn't crashed, but the visual glitches as mentioned above have appeared.

This has all happened since the NightWave update.

Any help that you can give on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting,

MacInTerry

Edit: Just started up the game again and it has crashed when not in borderless fullscreen mode, so this is unlikely to have any real effect.

Edited by MacInTerry
Updating based on further testing

I can confirm this. Looks like this to me: https://imgur.com/f64kkmi

I am 100% confident my hardware is still enough to run WF under the new minimum specs.

From what I have found:

1: it's happening as soon as I open the ramp for the arsenal area and stuff.

2: Skipping to the lower area with the Esc Menu (like, Esc > Arsenal) doesn't avoid the bug

3: "Tune in" in the nightwave window also causes the game to freeze/minimize.

4: Missions also minimize the game to the background/do weird graphics. Strangely enough, as long as I stay on the cockpit or whatever and don't go anywhere, the game runs as normal.

Edited by Roegnvaldr

I  found out what the issue was.

In the launcher, there's a config option there (cog on the top right side of screen).

Click on it and select DirectX 11 or something. Mine had directx 10 selected but maybe it still had directx 9 pre-selected or something, I dunno.