Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drops When Attacking

MisterMan2556

I normally run the game locked at 72 FPS, and run that very consistently. However, lately when ever I fire a weapon or attack with melee my game will drop down to around 12-15 FPS. My game runs fine other than this, constant 72 FPS when moving around.  Also my amp does not have this problem, I can shoot that no problem and without any FPS drops. Beam weapons also act strange, if I fire and hold down LMB it will lag for the first two seconds of shooting but after that the gun with fire fine until I run out of ammo and have to reload, after the reload it does the same 2 seconds of lag and then normal firing. If anyone has had a similar issue and fixed it I would be really appreciative to know how you did so. I've been playing this game for almost 5 years so I don't want to stop now.

I also have tried to play some other games while I wait to see if anyone else has had this issue and some of my games which I could play perfectly fine with good FPS before now have like 3 FPS, but not all of them so maybe its an issue with my computer itself and not warframe? Any Ideas would be very helpful.

Edited by MisterMan2556

I'm having this issue too, I've set it to both DX10 and DX11, my drivers are up to date  run both Optimize and Verify for the download cache. When I move around it's completely fluid and no drops in FPS, but if I melee/fire my weapon's or use archwing abilities such as itzal's 1, the game comes to a very sudden dead stop and struggles to keep up. Abilities dont seem to suffer from this problem. I believe it's tied to whenever the game requires pathing or hit detection calculations for projectiles. This is all wizard assumptions but it seems like anything that requires that functionality annihilates my FPS. 

As a quick edit: This is not the first time this has happened. However, it went away and now has come back.

Edited by LISTENIMSORRY

So I'm not sure what fixed it but I have had DirectX 11 on so I don't think it was that. But I also ran some full system scans with Norton and that found some things and then after letting my laptop sit for a night now everything is running fine. Thanks for the suggestion though I appreciate it.