The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to beat loading screens due to new low end requirements

Emeraldsniper

Question

I have been playing Warframe for years and found a way to play it properly without being hindered by the loading screens. Having decent time with this game with myself and my girlfriend. But now due to the recent requirement changes, my toaster of a laptop is beriddled by the load screens. Freezing for almost a minute and then starting the actual loading, since those screens actually work with three different connection patterns to even load a map, and if it is interrupted, it freezes and retries to establish the connections, and i have no connection going through, which gets me to get disconnected. I tried all i could, minus unpacking cpus due to the stock fan being broken. I cannot afford a build due to crappy limitations where i am. Has anyone found a way to get past this problem? It would be amazing if there was. I do not want to start over on console with her due to this mess. And i cannot afford a laptop (only a laptop cause i also travel due to family stuff) until about another month in a half or so.

Here are the needed specs to show for my problem:

Lenovo V570

Graphics: IntelR HD Graphics 3000 (yes i know it is an integrated one but this thing is old and is and still is my only method of even playing anything)

RAM: 6GBs

Processor: Intel Core i5 2450M (2 core)

7 answers to this question

this new requirements don't mean the game got a graphic upgrade, they just removed Directx 9 that basically only people on windows XP were really using, most people maybe don't know this but leasings are all about the Hard drive you have, if it's a S#&$ HDD then leasings will never be really fast, if it's an SSD then godspeed you shall have, anyway if you have an HDD try checking how fragmented it is and play the game with everything on low like minimum possible, that's the only help i can suggest 😞

ps: "start over on console" i thought people could use the same account in any platform.

16 hours ago, Real_MadLane said:

this new requirements don't mean the game got a graphic upgrade, they just removed Directx 9 that basically only people on windows XP were really using, most people maybe don't know this but leasings are all about the Hard drive you have, if it's a S#&$ HDD then leasings will never be really fast, if it's an SSD then godspeed you shall have, anyway if you have an HDD try checking how fragmented it is and play the game with everything on low like minimum possible, that's the only help i can suggest 😞

ps: "start over on console" i thought people could use the same account in any platform.

I doubt that will be the case since, as I said, loading screens fair differently. De-fragmentation would be a hit or miss.

And yes the console versions are different because those are different servers and link the account to the console account, not the email. So that means I HAVE to start over and my PS4 account barely has anything on it since... man, it's not worth it starting over.

Unfortunately for you, they are planning some kind of graphic update in the summer, so maybe that is way they've upped the requirements, so they can ensure themselves they don't get flak, since when that hits WF will probably not be able to run on a smart fridge anymore.

21 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Unfortunately for you, they are planning some kind of graphic update in the summer, so maybe that is way they've upped the requirements, so they can ensure themselves they don't get flak, since when that hits WF will probably not be able to run on a smart fridge anymore.

...Just great...
Guess that means my inevitability of replacing this is right there. And depending on how much I will make in the coming month or so is how much I can spend. Prolly have a limit of 500~690 to find a decent replacement.

Warframe will run beautifully on most $400 laptops,  let alone a $700.

Problem is folks put money into unneeded or purely cosmetic upgrades.

You dont need a 19" laptop screen, for example. In fact you would be far better off with a true HD(1920x1080) panel on a 15" screen.

Save your money and buy one without paying extra for more RAM or an SSD. Why? Simple, both are simple to install yourself and you'll almost certainly pay less for better hardware purchased elsewhere.

So upgrade it with(yourself): Samsung SSD 860, and get at least 8gb RAM. This takes 2 screws or  less on most laptops.

Note: many laptops now offer PCIe M.2 slots onboard, if yours has it... use them over the SATA ports.

Edited by (XB1)Blueberry2006
Clarity and grammar

On 2019-02-28 at 1:24 AM, Emeraldsniper said:

Graphics: IntelR HD Graphics 3000 (yes i know it is an integrated one but this thing is old and is and still is my only method of even playing anything)

Processor: Intel Core i5 2450M (2 core)

That Sandy Bridge DX10 slow loading graphics problem... Also happens to my i7-2600 HD graphics 2000. Not a problem with better AMD/Nvidia graphics card.

But, I also found a bug on Warframe that could go back to DX9, but this bug may not last much longer.