Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet again another WoS6 feedback

Olphalarepth

Kay, noticed the update and decided to return, now I'm wondering if uninstalling warframe would be a better idea. This mode is a step in the wrong direction for a number of reason, I will list a few:

- Not new content. Even if you advertise it as so during prime time. There is nothing actually new to play, no, capturing 3 random dudes on top of normal objectives or a reskinned hammer wielding excalibur is not new content.

- Lost rewards compared to time invested. With old alerts you could potentially get a crapload of items by playing X amount of time, now all that time is invested to level up a new syndicate to get a fixed amount of credits to get just a few rewards. You traded number of rewards for the possibility of choosing a scarce few selected ones, sure it was random but it rewarded invested time.

- Objectives are unbalanced and way too boring. Notice the boring in bold, italic and underlined. Not grindy, BORING. I can understand running 3 captures, or complete 3 invasions (9 missions) but whether you run them all at once or 2 per days some of them feel more like a chore and turn the game into some kind of secondary job. I want to play to do what I want not glue my butt to the chair to get exclusive items. I have no problem grinding stuff if it is through exciting stuff like random dungeons and challenges but what you came up is a boring set of chores.

- Really not user friendly. Due to the amount of wolf credit required it means that new players won't be able to afford catalysts and reactors at the same old rate. Let's face it, skins are nice up to a certain point but the actual rewards have been moved so far up the chain that a single one would take over a week for a new player to acquire. With old system it could take more or less but it was a mission and voila, done (not to mention we had at least 4 different sites tracking alerts). Personally I don't care since I have all frames and weapons with catalysts and reactors with over 10 of each to spare (and I could easily buy more with all plat earned with trades). A new player needs every bone it can get and this system heavily penalizes them.

Maybe there is more...I will update in case i can think of something else. GG, BB

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 2

Totally agree with this, tbh.

I'm really not looking forward to the huge slog of a grind that awaits me just to earn a single Umbra Forma that I won't even use. I just want it for collection's sake. I know they don't want us blasting through this 'content' in a few days, but I'm sick and tired of being limited in such a way. This doesn't just ruin the opportunities for newer players to earn many rewards relatively quickly, but it artificially limits more seasoned players and forces us to play in specific modes / ways to have a chance at earning what we'd like.

Not to mention that it literally takes days to get what you could've earned in just a few hours in the old Alert system.
I really think the weekly / daily caps, or the amount of challenges you can do each week or day needs to be drastically increased, or the 10K standing per Tier be at least halved. Because I don't really enjoy slogging thru content I've played for years to wait weeks to get something new, when back in the day with new updates, you could get the new stuff in a few days or even a few hours.

Again, not trying to sound like I want everything right away. This just feels like it's intentionally being padded out to bolster active user numbers or something. I don't see a reason for items that were originally attained in hours being locked behind weeks of grind. I feel so darn sorry for newer players that also have outside responsibilities, they just won't have the time to get everything they'd want.

I do hope they talk about this in the Devstream coming up, because it will not go over well if left unaddressed.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy