The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

DirectX issues

PookieNumnums

started some time last year

essentially, on dx10 the game freezes my computer and sounds like a CD skipping at very high speed. robotic sounding buzz. only option with this is a hard reset, i.e. holding down the power key till my laptop shuts off, then starting over again. 

on dx11 my screen freezes and causes a 'soft freeze' of the game, where i have to use alt ctrl del to bring up the option for task manager, then that gives way to seeing my desktop. then using alt tab to highlight task manager (though it doesnt bring up the window) i can use down arrow key to move selected process, i.e. to warframe, then using alt tab to verify the process selected in the preview window, then hit the delete key to end process and unfreeze the computer so to speak.

was playing on dx9 (as a last resort option) and had NO problems for the several months leading up to its removal. 

the issue here, though, is that im able to play resident evil 2 remake and resident evil 7 on dx11 with no issues. no freezes or anything. granted, the graphics are set super low but still. im using those same settings in warframe and that isnt helping.

ive tried running the dx setup from the warframe files which made me think it was fixed for about 3 hrs. but it wasnt. ive tried removing all drivers and reinstalling fresh up to date nvidia drivers. didnt help.

sometimes i get bluescreened, with various reasons for it such as driver power state failure or some kind of thread exception not handled. im using a five year old laptop, dell inspiron 7720r se. nvidia g650m and intelhd4k, 8gb ram, and an i7.

yeah its not the greatest but for the most part it can, despite being below min spec, run many games ive played. rise of the tomb raider, no issues. re2r and re7, no issues. 

just wondering why i really only experience the screen freezing or total freezing with wf and only above dx9.

also im curious what percentage of the player base was lost removing dx9. that would be a stat worth sharing in the next dev stream.

any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Edited by PookieNumnums