Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Nightwave Feedback

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

So far I'm quite enjoying the Nightwave system, but I feel there are some things that need to be changed:

1. No Act should require Friends or Clan - there are circumstances where this is tough to deal with.  I tried recruiting for my clan many times through the last 3 months and ended up getting 1 person interested (who joined and hasn't been online in over 80 days).  It's pretty well known that you can go into recruiting and ask for friends (I tried this too, took 3 days before somebody wanted to).  I have to say this is inherently poor design - no player should have to junk up their friends list with people they don't know to complete aspects of the game.  Make this public/in a group.

2. Wolf Cred needs more purpose for veterans.  Most of us have all the stuff except the 'Ornament' - therefore we're gathering cred for... well for nothing.  How about adding some Legendary Acts that give 10k Reputation rewards - but cost 50 Wolf Credits to take on?  This would allow us to progress through Reward Tiers, the part we're actually interested in and give the cred a purpose.

3. Time Gating is bad... we get like 3 hours of stuff to do, and then we wait for weekly refresh.  There's not much more to say here - time gating should be removed for Acts.  I understand only weekly release of new bits to the story, that's fine - but it would be nice if Tiers were something we were allowed to actively chip away at.  This isn't like the Foundry or Frames where you sell it in the market - there's no reason to time gate since it's not incentivizing real life purchases like the other time gates in the game do.  Although we didn't get a nice reward selection like this before - we did get more hours of gameplay from the alert system, if we took on all the alerts we could in a week.  Taking away alerts is fine - replacing them with only 3 hrs of content isn't.  

4. The Ayatan Sculpture Act is absurd and should be narrowed down to 1 statue.  It's easy enough to rack up Sculptures in Arbitration but finding Amber Stars is on the same level of trying to get a Legendary Core from a Sortie (not really but they're way too rare, I'm lucky to find ONE in 10+ hours of play.)  Not only is the requirement overboard, but the reward is plain bad... this wouldn't even be worth it a 20k standing, so it really needs to be re-examined.  3k for 5 Ayatans is a laugh.  

5. Simaris Researcher should be 5k.. nuff said.  It's not hard to do by any means, but it is tedious and takes a minimum of 2 days to complete - it should be more rewarding.  

6. Add Wolf Beacons for 100 Cred or something... I know he'll increase in spawn as the event goes, but again, Vets need something to put Wolf Cred towards.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

23 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

3. Time Gating is bad... we get like 3 hours of stuff to do, and then we wait for weekly refresh.  There's not much more to say here - time gating should be removed for Acts.  I understand only weekly release of new bits to the story, that's fine - but it would be nice if Tiers were something we were allowed to actively chip away at.  This isn't like the Foundry or Frames where you sell it in the market - there's no reason to time gate since it's not incentivizing real life purchases like the other time gates in the game do.  Although we didn't get a nice reward selection like this before - we did get more hours of gameplay from the alert system, if we took on all the alerts we could in a week.  Taking away alerts is fine - replacing them with only 3 hrs of content isn't.  

No, its good. There is a reason why Fortnite have the same Time Gate. Devs want you to login every day to do the daily challenges and log in every week to do the weekly challenges.

If they give you acess to all challenges in the first week, then players will do all challenges in one week and spent the next 9 weeks complaining in the forums because they have nothing to do 'till the next season.

Nightwave is made to increase player retention. Thats it. Like all "battle pass" mechanics in other games. It locks challenges in weeks to force the player to login every week and do the challenges to get the rewards.

Give all the challenges in the first week and you kill the entire reason the system exists.

45 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

No, its good. There is a reason why Fortnite have the same Time Gate. Devs want you to login every day to do the daily challenges and log in every week to do the weekly challenges.

We already log in every day for the daily login system.

Secondly we could still wait for the weekly story update, people would still show up for that - but as it stands now I'm getting LESS Playtime out of this system than I could have out of alerts.  Stacked up alerts could offer 10+ hours of gameplay in a week... this only ~3, if player retention was the goal then they went the comlete opposite direction.  When I was bored before I used to jump into alerts to help people through them - now I'm in a situation where the game is shut and no reason to turn it on for 24hrs.  Overall this new system means less hours played.

Anyway I didn't post to hear feedback of my feedback - this is my feedback to DE.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

7 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

We already log in every day for the daily login system.

Daily Login doesn't do sh*t. Players just login, get the reward and log out if there's nothing to do.

Secondly we could still wait for the weekly story update, people would still show up for that -

For what? Login, hear the new story and log out? Players want stuff to do and not stuff to see. Nightwave gives things to do in a daily and weekly basis.

DE want players to stay logged on in the game. Not just appear for 5 min, get rewards, see whats happening and leave.

but as it stands now I'm getting LESS Playtime out of this system than I could have out of alerts.  Stacked up alerts could offer 10+ hours of gameplay in a week...

Don't lie. No one do normal alerts after a certain point in the game. Credit, Endo and Traces rewards are sh*t, after you got alt helmets, auras and Vauban, the only alert you're forced to do is the nitain one.

There was no reason to do alerts in the game since you could get better rewards playing the game instead of waiting for the right alert to show up and even then have lower rewards than a quick mission.

Not even new players had reasons to do normal alerts since they could do a dark sector mission and get more credits early in the game. After they got the alt helmets and the aura they want, they just forget the alert system and only used it to get nitain.

Anyway I didn't post to hear feedback of my feedback - this is my feedback to DE.

Then don't post anything in the forums if you can't handle criticism about your ideas.

27 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

-snip-

1. Don't accuse me of lying.  You aren't me, I played alerts.  

2.  I can handle the criticism, I was just letting you know I don't give a crap because this feedback is for DE, not you.  What you have to say about what I think means absolutely nothing to me.  

Have a good day 🙂

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I've been around for about 5 years and I just don't care about having this kinda content.

Good for you.  This is feedback for DE, not JackHargreav. 

We all have different wants and needs from the game.  I don't see why I should have any care in the world whether or not you care for the content.  You can make your own feedback thread praising them for how perfect it is, if you wish.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Good for you.  This is feedback for DE, not JackHargreav. 

We all have different wants and needs from the game.  I don't see why I should have any care in the world whether or not you care for the content.  You can make your own feedback thread praising them for how perfect it is, if you wish.

So your opinion matters mine not basically.

On 2019-03-03 at 12:10 PM, JackHargreav said:

So your opinion matters mine not basically.

I'm saying your opinion doesn't matter to me - I did suggest your opinion matters enough you can make your own topic - but this isn't a discussion topic, it's me giving MY feedback to DE, something you have equal opportunity to do.