Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moved To General: Fishing Idea

Hm... sounds like the idea DE is implementing regarding space-faring, albeit this will be on the open waters.

I think I would like this idea, going solo or coordinating on a dingy/freight with a team of players to go for large sea game might be an interesting past time, there are folks who really love the fishing aspect of the game-- albeit we don't have swimming mechanics in the game yet. (Still wishing on that. I want to explore POE's lakes.)

It will need some refining, and as you illustrated -- this might be for players who have time on their hands and would really like a challenge.

Humorously, I can think of players wearing rain hats, a beard accessory, and quoting "Moby $&*^" as they are ambushed by an sea-faring Eidolon, as thunder and lightening rage above for a rather epic scene.

Perhaps this could expand to players each taking up a responsibility to man the boat? One mans the helm, steering and moving the boar where it should go, another scans for fish life and pins coordinates to travel too, one will use their scanner to zoom in and watch for large game or schools of fish to breach the waters surface, and another down below to man the ships abilities and activate them when given the que?

Also, I like the idea of the Ocean looking glass underneath the boat, for those who won't be participating and just want to watch the sea-life and flora below as the boat passes over them. (Though it could have some use when hunting for fish.)

EDIT #1: Seriously? A loved book of a crazed fisherman hunting down a giant whale gets censored so genitalia won't be mentioned? That needs to change.

Edited by Xemgoa
Dumb censoring.