Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros 'soul Punch' Missing Particles?

.Mochie

Am I the only one who's having trouble seeing Nekros' cool particle effects that were showcased on the U10 highlights video?

The 'breeze' of red sparks thing after a soul punch seems to be missing, and I've tried it with several different energy colors to no avail :S

I'm also playing on max settings, minus AA.

SortaRandom, on 14 Sept 2013 - 5:40 PM, said:

There are ways of getting AMD cards to run PhysX, I believe. It's just difficult to do.

*brandishes sword* TO GOOGLE!

This game is already running CPU PhysX, that's where all the cool cloth, ragdoll, and collision physics come in. The features that are required to allow the complex particle movements and obscene particle count require GPU accelerated PhysX. Only Nvidia cards have the specific hardware required to do this. Sorry, but you need an Nvidia card.

This game is already running CPU PhysX, that's where all the cool cloth, ragdoll, and collision physics come in. The features that are required to allow the complex particle movements and obscene particle count require GPU accelerated PhysX. Only Nvidia cards have the specific hardware required to do this. Sorry, but you need an Nvidia card.

Physics =/= PhysX. The two are COMPLETELY separate; any computer can run a game's basic physics engine (ragdoll, jigglebones, cloth simulation, etc) even if its hardware was developed before the name "PhysX" was first heard.

PhysX, on the other hand, is a set of more specific processes that focus mainly on the additional particle effects, like the swirly sparks in most games and smaller details such as loose sheets of paper sliding around on the floor in games like Batman: Arkham City.

Physics =/= PhysX. The two are COMPLETELY separate; any computer can run a game's basic physics engine (ragdoll, jigglebones, cloth simulation, etc) even if its hardware was developed before the name "PhysX" was first heard.

PhysX, on the other hand, is a set of more specific processes that focus mainly on the additional particle effects, like the swirly sparks in most games and smaller details such as loose sheets of paper sliding around on the floor in games like Batman: Arkham City.

Sadly I've already sheathed my google blade, the only way to do it requires you have access to an NVidia GPU to offload the physx processing to the other AMD card. I don't have any NVidia GPU's laying around, so from the looks of it I'm SOL.

However, does the game natively run CPU PhysX, or do I need to install something to enable it?