Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Soma (19,6K Dps) Get Nerfed Or Supra (14,2K Dps) Get Buffed?

Patzer

Soma crit build: 18347 dps (19695 dps with 90% elemental mod instead Hammer Shot and build is following serration + split chamber + shred + vital sense + point strike + piercing hit + hellfire + stormbringer)

Supra full elemental build: 14207 dps ( vital sense and point strike is replaced with wildfire and cryo rounds)

Shred used in these calculations instead Speed Trigger, all mods maxed.

Edit: TBH would like to know before I slap 3 Formas on my Soma. x)

Edit2: Soma with different builds

GcXWZl1.png

Edited by Patzer

I'm hoping that the soma is a product of the tiered weapon idea that DE are working with and will be left as is, with the supra being dragged up to the same standard with the damage rework.

Yeah, me too. Supra has always felt bit lack luster for rank 7 dojo weapon. Its good but... not that good.

Edit: btw they are both bullet damage type weapons so Supra would just need base damage buff. If Supra had base damage of 50, then with same elemental setup it would have 20296 dps. That might do it or maybe even 55. Still less dps than Acrid....

Edited by Patzer

I'm hoping that the soma is a product of the tiered weapon idea that DE are working with and will be left as is, with the supra being dragged up to the same standard with the damage rework.

This weapon has no mastery rank, nor does it require any where near the effort a Supra does to obtain. I'm afraid to say I doubt it'll fit in a tier system without something changing, preferably the mastery rank requirement (letting those who get it now keep it, not taking it away), rather than the stats however. It's good to finally see a non sniper weapon that critical mods matter for, even if they overshot by a lot.

Edited by Verazix

This weapon has no mastery rank, nor does it require any where near the effort a Supra does to obtain. I'm afraid to say I doubt it'll fit in a tier system without something changing, preferably the mastery rank requirement (letting those who get it now keep it, not taking it away), rather than the stats however. It's good to finally see a non sniper weapon that critical mods matter for, even if they overshot by a lot.

Current weapon system is a giant stinking pile of s**t. Rework is needed desperately.

Supra needs a buff because it is lackluster in many ways. At best supra is average and requiring rank 7 they might as well just strip that requirement and make it a market place weapon. Many weapons are better at short range, medium range, long range and supra is just a melee weapon that makes a pretty light show. I can not think of many, if any, in game situations where a maxed out hind couldn't do a better Job than an equal modded supra.

This is true. Oh well, back to using my Soma I hope DE just buffs supra because soma is nice.

Same, with 55 base damage Supra would have 22325 dps with elemental build and be worthy rank 7 weapon in my opinion. I hope they will leave Soma as it is because daumn is it a nice gun.

Suppose supra i not meant only for pure dmg but for crowd control. Tiny AOE stunning explosions for it's bullets would do XD. That will make it a specialty weapon, instead of the boring buff projectile speed, bullet dmg etc.

Of cos gorgon could have a slight dmg buff to go with it.

This just in: Supra and Soma only assault rifles in the game.

So whats your point? Mine was why rank 7 clan tech weapon is almost 30% worse than cheapish market weapon and is that intented.

I hope the soma get's nerfed a bit (like even just 250% instead of 300% crit damage) but gets a mastery requirement similar to the supra.

Or just buff Supra because its so sub par clan tech weapon.

Edited by Patzer

I hope the soma get's nerfed a bit (like even just 250% instead of 300% crit damage) but gets a mastery requirement similar to the supra.

Or buff the other rifles cus its sucks the Primary weapons are really sidearms and those sidearms are despair and acrid tryhards..