The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee not working with Controller

Shineniight

I'm using an Xbox One controller plugged in via USB switched to all default settings and I'm unable to use my melee more than once and that's after hitting the B. I'm also constantly channeling when I switch to melee and have tried it with 3 different weapons including Garuda's talons. I also have to manually switch back to my primary and secondary after attempting to use melee. I'm unsure how else to fix the problem I am having. I've restarted my PC, switched USB slots, and have set the controller to default. I also have a friend playing warframe the same way I do and they're having no problems.

Edited by shinenight100

At this point in time my only "fix" is removing my melee weapon and avoiding the use of any warframe that uses the melee button. At least until this massive issue is fixed. I can't stand playing the game with a keyboard and mouse.

57 minutes ago, Dovahrah said:

At this point in time my only "fix" is removing my melee weapon and avoiding the use of any warframe that uses the melee button. At least until this massive issue is fixed. I can't stand playing the game with a keyboard and mouse.

I get it. Keyboard and mouse controls are standard for PC gamers. But some of us prefer the simplicity of a controller. I play on PC but use an Xbox One controller for Warframe. It's more fun that way. But the new melee system kinda broke the game for me. I loved mowing down enemies with my melee weapons in the game. I hope they fix it soon. 

3 minutes ago, Lil-G-GameGenius said:

Also having the same issue. The new system only seems to work with keyboard and mouse.

It works fine on a controller.

I had to reset to default controls two or three times before I got everything working again. That was all it took.

5 minutes ago, shinenight100 said:

I did that too and nothing changed sadly.

The other option is to default them. Exit and Verify the Download Cache (launcher). Then try again.

• Make sure your EE.cfg file is not read only.

Screenshot_391.png

53 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The other option is to default them. Exit and Verify the Download Cache (launcher). Then try again.

• Make sure your EE.cfg file is not read only.

Did everything and nothing has changed. 

Edited by shinenight100

I think I identified the problem. If you're using Steam Big Picture Mode controller system, I think that is causing the issue. The melee part of the controller setup there is currently obsolete, considering it still has quick melee as an option and the fact the default controls for melee mode overlap aim and fire weapon inputs.

1 hour ago, Dovahrah said:

I think I identified the problem. If you're using Steam Big Picture Mode controller system, I think that is causing the issue. The melee part of the controller setup there is currently obsolete, considering it still has quick melee as an option and the fact the default controls for melee mode overlap aim and fire weapon inputs.

I agree.  I also imported the Recommended Controller config for the Steam Controller for use with Warframe  I use a PS4 controller.  This setup still limited my setup to the Quick Melee attack, but the Right Trigger when pressed would shift me back to either the Primary or Secondary weapon.  Of course this was dependent on the one equipped.  So I'm thinking the Quick Melee under Game Mode should perhaps be switched over to the Melee Attack like it is under Melee Mode.

3 hours ago, Lil-G-GameGenius said:

I finally found a more permanent solution. Use the standalone version (maybe with steam closed). I was having this issue but using the standalone version fixed it with no workaround needed. It seems that its steam's controller API that's causing the issues.

Rly? I will try this solution today. Because I'm starting to forget about melee gameplay))