The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is J200 Golem Solo-Able?

mcryseria

Question

19 answers to this question

Yes. I solo'd him today. I forgot to record it, but I managed to do it with a well modded Acrid. I had a Sobek and Trinity, and it was a smooth (but long) ride.

It will be very hard if you do not have potatoes. Personally, I'm familiar with the controls enough, but I would think people would start to have trouble later in the last phase.

I highly recommend Trinity with a steamline mod. You get a lot of energy throughout the boss encounter.

Rhino isn't that bad, but Trinity is better due to the sheer amount of energy you can get to keep your health up.

Frost isn't too good.

Rhino can also slow down the boss.

Trinity is for survivability, Rhino is for a bit more damage.

I highly recommend Trinity with a steamline mod. You get a lot of energy throughout the boss encounter.

Rhino isn't that bad, but Trinity is better due to the sheer amount of energy you can get to keep your health up.

Frost isn't too good.

Thanks for the advise! :D

Frost isn't too good.

+1 this ^^

Rhino Stomp puts the boss in Stasis, you must time it right to unload a lot of damage during key points.

Frost isn't too good.

If you have that many energy orbs, just put on a maxed Equilibrium.

Anyone tried using Banshee? Is Sonar viable?

I tried it. I guess it's technically possible to get a sonar point on one of the weak points but you'd need to be incredibly lucky. I don't think I even saw my sonar point once in the golem phase, must've been stuck inside J-2000.

Frost isn't too good.

Does energy vampire still maintain the stun effect while active on golem or any of its phase 1 heads, and if so does that keep it from revealing its weak spot?

Also, as for banshee, I brought her (in a group run) and the only marginally useful thing you can do is use sonic boom to push around both the phase 1 heads and the entire phase 2 boss. which very rarely has any usefulness, but it's funny as hell to watch :V

Other than that though, sonar.. essentially doesn't work, the rare times weak spots did appear they were always on... non-weak spots, and 0 times 500+% is still 0. Sound quake can potentially be used to clear trash mobs, but even in a group that's really just asking to get poison-bombed mid-cast, and solo the idea is only more suicidal.

Does energy vampire still maintain the stun effect while active on golem or any of its phase 1 heads, and if so does that keep it from revealing its weak spot?

Also, as for banshee, I brought her (in a group run) and the only marginally useful thing you can do is use sonic boom to push around both the phase 1 heads and the entire phase 2 boss. which very rarely has any usefulness, but it's funny as hell to watch :V

Other than that though, sonar.. essentially doesn't work, the rare times weak spots did appear they were always on... non-weak spots, and 0 times 500+% is still 0. Sound quake can potentially be used to clear trash mobs, but even in a group that's really just asking to get poison-bombed mid-cast, and solo the idea is only more suicidal.

I solo'ed with Banshee. None of her abiliities have any effect on the boss - Sonic Boom can cause glitches that break it. Quake only kills the minor enemies, which can be useful, but since it's only you, you're probably going to get hurt. Silence is... silence, and I haven't seen Sonar mark a weak point on it, but it may happen. Lots of sprinting, gorgon, and kunai, however, will do the job.