Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New melee not working great with pause combos if you're a client, don't think it's lag

Drex83

So normally I'd attribute something like this to straight up lag, but I dunno, or maybe it can be compensated for. I'm quite sure this isn't the way it used to be.

Anyway, a lot of stances I use, have a Pause combo in them. The new Tatsu and it's stance in particular have it's best attack on a pause combo. If you're host or solo, this combo is exceedingly easy to execute and that's fantastic. However, I've noticed if I'm a client I can't even remotely get this to fire off consistently.

Thing is I don't think this is a lag issue, or, it's lag not being compensated for. I know in groups this is a peer to peer game I have thousands of hours played I'm quite aware. However, I never had problems like this regularly in the old system, meanwhile I've tried stances with pause moves multiple times in groups and continue to see issues with Pause related combos.

Also, I don't think it's because of hosts with low specs or bad internet either. Bad p2p hosts drive me nuts so I already have my ping threshold set to 200 max (which triggers a warning when setting it that it may be REALLY hard to find players) and each time I've been grouped with a pause combo weapon, I've turned on the ping to check it and the ping is never exceeding 100 when this occurs. That should be an acceptable threshold for a pause combo, it is a free to play peer to peer game, so expecting the majority of players to have super great internet would be unusual, and even then 100 ping is not terrible. So I dunno, I think it's worth a look though as this is going to ruin a lot of the game's best melee combos imho

Edited by Drex83