The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate limit, we need a few more options.

LazyBunnyKiera

In the framerate limit option, it jumps from 75hz to 120hz. I'd like an 85hz, 90hz, and 100hz.... etc when vsync is off.
I'd like to be able to go from 25fps all the way up to 75hz in 5 fps bumps.
And before someone jumps asking why the heck we'd need something like this, and getting all toxic...
#1 Fast Sync. Fast sync works like vsync but has less of a performance and latency hit(render times) on the system by discarding unused frames. Catch is... it lets the game run as fast as it can. This is really bad for laptops. If a laptop is capped at 60hz for example, letting it run at 300fps can get pretty toasty.

Real world example, friend has a laptop with a gtx 1060MQ, it can run at 200+fps, but she uses a 75hz external monitor. If she uses vsync, her frame render times are around 33ms(average) even as high as 60ms. So even through she's at 75fps, the game still feels sluggish. If she caps the fps to 120hz(why you changed it to hz i don't know) and uses fast sync. her system will run up to 120fps but because of Fast Sync, she won't get screen tearing and her render times are around 8-13ms.
If she ran at... 85 or 90 fps, it'd be even less demanding on her laptop, meaning less heat.

#2 I want to fine tune the fps limit on my GPD Win2, which is only playable without vsync at all. So this would work for any PC running an HD 615/630 or higher IGP.
My win2 gets really toasty if i don't fine tune the fps.

Custom frame rate limit can be kindof done, but there are in-game bugs.

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Warframe\ee.cfg

Graphics.MaxFrameRate=136

Bugs with in-game options while using custom max frame rate from EE.cfg.

Before 24.1.3: It will show "Value1" in max frame rate option, but at least it keeps the max frame rate unchanged.

Now: Going to options, graphics, change something, and save, always reset max frame rate settings. Very annoying that it is changing max frame rate, when I did not touch this option in-game.

I use 144 Hz FreeSync monitor. Limiting FPS to exactly 144 FPS, with v-sync off, causes excessive screen tearing, and if I make one tiny click to "<", it makes a giant jump down to 120 instead of 143.

And if I turn on v-sync, the game won't limit frame rate at all. Some other games can limit frame rate with v-sync on, why not Warframe?

• 3 weeks later...

Was able to lock to 100FPS using this, but touching the settings for anything does reset it, which is pretty annoying. For my 75hz fast sync, 100fps seems to be the sweet spot. No tearing, no stuttering, no weirdness. I just have to keep the EE.cfg open in Notepad++ incase i have to change it again.