Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration mod turned into another after extraction

MobyTheDuck

I just did 4 rotations of Arbitration (Infested defense on Ceres), found a Vigorous Swap mod on the first, a Vaya ayatan on the second, an orta ayatan on the third and Sharpshooter on the last rotation.

All fine and dandy, but once I extracted, I noticed that I had 2 Vigorous Swap on the rewards screen. Checking my mods, it turns out that the Sharpshooter mod turned into a copy of Vigorous Swap.

Wasnt a problem for me since I already have spares of Sharpshooter, but it could deny someone a desired mod like Adaptation or maybe even the visual effect.

• 2 weeks later...

This literally happened to me with adaptation just a few minutes ago, except instead of morphing into a second sharpshooter, it instead just vanished, granted I died instead of extracting.

EDIT: Turns out it turned into Seeding Step Ephemera. I'm guessing if you got the mod in Rot C, Seeding Step is a potential thing it can morph into.

EDIT 2: Looking at all the comments, I have a theory on how this bug works. It only occurs when you get two rare items(including seeding step potentially) in the entire run, one of which on Rot C, then the first Rot C rare drop morphs into another rare drop.

Edited by -An_Annoyance-

For what it's worth -- this has been happening to me more than frequently (seemingly every single Arbitration I run).

It's definitely NOT a rare / rare reward -- just this morning, my Rolling Guard got turned into an Ayatan Sah.

It's definitely NOT only a rotation C thing, because the swap happened on rotation B.

It's definitely NOT related to communication with a remote host, because I typically run solo.

If a Rolling Guard had turned into another mod, that's one thing -- but having it turn into a Sah was, well.  A gut punch.

This problem happens so often I find it's better just to ignore the reward alerts mid-mission.  They're utterly, completely, discouragingly unreliable.

Edited by Murph_TheDestroyer

This just happened to me moments ago as well.

Team decided to extract on an Excavation arbitration after the 6th extractor because we were thrilled to get Adaptation.

Cut to end of mission screen, no adaptation, instead it's Seeding Step. Really like that it was Seeding Step, can't really complain about Seeding Step, but it sucks to have such a misleading bug occur.