The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Odd FPS issue with Mirage+Staticor

CaelThunderwing

while i know her Hall of Mirrors has been hampered a few times in the past For performance issues specifically (as trollish players would take a mirage with a kohm and enter more  popular tilesets in active play in attempts to crash people) while not so much to crash it is bringing FPS down when this occurs w/ a large enough reaction.  and a few friends have actually nearly locked up with multiple monitors so it seems to compound the issue. 

to the Issue:

after having resumed play lil over 2 months ago on the switch since helping new friends i just up and started playing w/ the staticor got a nice riven for it over there and its a nice option to choose over my 12.8k corrosive dmg Pox. and trying out frames thanks to arbitrations and just showing off frames my friends wanted to see since i have everything over there as of the time of migration (so i have everything but Mesa Prime,)they asked to see Mirage (and as well i wound up finding out about the simulor glitch being a thing again over there.. its beyond broken X_X).. so fast forward to using it on PC while im waiting to get my mits on a staticor riven, im trying it with Hall of mirrors, and occasionally, WHAM! Massive lag spike for about 3 seconds but whenever it was happening it'd see a large red "Blotch" at or near the center of impact of a charged shot. larger the "Blotch" the bigger the FPS impact. (small like this screenshot it doesnt do much to me if im host but enough to impact clients, but if its 2.5 times bigger it seems to lag *Everyone* down. I'm not doing this to be a Prick, as the charged shot wide impact helps in the valisfor playing Corpus Keep-a-way or nuking the radius of the blast. (if i want to be a prick i'll take the Simulor to blind people XD)

(excuse the slight cutout, i had just used OBS to grab a short clip of trying to get this to occur so i had forgotten to hide all of the Scene's Overly elements and cut out one i forgot to hide.)
PKRuqmS.jpg