Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor QoL changes for Limbo that would make a huge difference. From a Limbo main

Insizer

I'm a Limbo main and I want to suggest a couple of minor QoL changes that would make a huge difference to his current kit, especially in teamplay.  I'm not here to suggest ability replacements and such (regardless of whether I think it is warranted or not), only changes to his current kit.

Problem: One of the biggest problems is that Rift Surge can easily spread like wildfire and go out of control, even with 100% range, much to your allies' dissatisfaction.  This is why I very rarely use it despite how great it is and feels to pull enemies into the Stasis-locked Rift while being in the Rift or comboing it with Cataclysm to pull in a large number of enemies into the Rift at once.

Solution:  Allow you to hold the ability button to despell the Rift Surge priming on all enemies that are primed.

Why it will help:  This will allow you to have more control on the priming effect rather than having to wait out the duration (which is often built for on limbos).

Problem:  Accidental banishes via Banish are still a concern and source of annoyance for teammates.  Everyone is moving and they dont stop, even if you accidentally banish them.  People also don't like having to roll because they either don't realize they are banished or whatever.  This leaves you chasing them to unbanish them meanwhile the enemies you did banish (so you could kill) are back where they were.

Solution:  Allow you to hold the ability key to either unbanish all banished enemies or unbanish recently (like within the last 3-5 seconds or so) banished targets.  If this is too much you could have it not set off Rift Surges and only affect enemies banished by Banish.

Why this will help:  It gives you an undo button on Banish giving more tools to those who care, makes it easier to care, and makes Banish a more appealing ability.  I would certainly use Banish more often.  And depending on the details of the "undo button" it could also make Banish a bit more interesting as well.

Well thats my two cents on some small yet helpful changes that would really help Limbo's current kit without reworking it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Sounds good, but I have a question. How do you even use Rift Surge? 

You banish an enemy or group of them, cast Rift Surge.  This primes nearby the banished enemies. Unbanishing said primed enemies will cause them to first unbanish and then be rebanished and will banish enemies near them along with them.

It allows you to banish enemies into the Rift, while being in the Rift.  It makes things rather safe, but the surge can spread like a wildfire especially with Range values over 100% imo.